Mount Coasters

I made my first custom scenario. It is a mountain-like terrain with a flat surface in the middle. All of the park is owned, except the entrance path. It also has a tunnel leading guests into the flat surface so you don't have to build one. I may set it up for download later on.bandicam 2016-04-28 22-43-05-214.jpgbandicam 2016-04-28 22-43-24-702.jpg

Polish it up more. 

Add some trees into it. Uneven the land a bit. Make more complex hills instead of these regular pyramids. All this will make it more realistic to the eye. 

Unless this isn't meant to have realism. In that case, ignore all I just said.

It's not meant to be a realistic park. (like you said)

It's kinda meant to be like a rct1 scenario. (most are really unrealistic) I will add more trees though. :)

Edited by MidnaGamer

To me the least realistic official scenario is BYOSFP (RCT2), which is pretty much what your park looks like. I honestly can't think of anything less realistic in RCT1 (where it is not part of the challenge), though I have seen them all. Edit: octagon park was pretty bad right?

Keep in mind that people (most likely) can't raise the land any further, decreasing the creative abilities. Also remember RCT2 already has 2 coaster-fest scenario's, extreme heights for free build coasters and gravity gardens for those looking for a coaster building challenge.

Edited by jensj12

Well, this sucks. (the park) let's just say this park was a experiment for me with the scenario editor. (i may make updates of this park in the future)

Edited by MidnaGamer

I tried it again; didn't work. Then tried again, and it did. Apparently it doesn't work 100% of the time.

[EDIT: So I found out that it only works if you leave zoom to the highest setting for about half a sec or maybe slightly less. Before then the mountain tool works as intended.]

Edited by ziscor
On 29/04/2016 at 16:14, ziscor said:

I tried it again; didn't work. Then tried again, and it did. Apparently it doesn't work 100% of the time.

[EDIT: So I found out that it only works if you leave zoom to the highest setting for about half a sec or maybe slightly less. Before then the mountain tool works as intended.]

That is not true. You just have to find the correct spot to hold your mouse.

A click is a click. Besides, I tried it tons of times after then, and it only works after a few seconds after I loaded the tool. Once it was working, it stopped working for a few seconds after I left the button. Then, it worked after a little while once again. Maybe I'm not doing it right, but that's fine. I'm not gonna use it any way.

"a click is a click"  what's that supposed to mean? When you click, there are a billion ways to handle the data. A 'click' is nothing more than a position on your screen at a certain time.

When you are zoomed out, it's possible that this 'position' creates the 'ray' from your viewport into your park does not hit a tile, because of it skipping 3/4 of the pixels for each extra zoom level.

You can do the exact same thing by 'missclicking' outside of the map with the land tool enabled and moving it.

I mistook your "correct spot to hold the mouse". I thought you meant to say click the physical mouse on a different spot, and that didn't make sense to me.

I understand now, that make a lot more sense. :P 

Edited by ziscor