HELP Can't open fresh install of game

I just discovered this game, and downloaded it. At first I downloaded version 0.0.5 build bde0989 and it crashed instantly on startup.  I then tried version 0.0.4 which was marked stable.  It did the same thing. After that, i tried the launcher on github. same thing. I went back to the first one i tried, and still the same thing. I am running windows 10. PLEASE HELP

c4defb76-36a8-4c00-b932-39d3bc202d48.dmp

19 hours ago, YoloSweggLord said:

It's possible that there's a problem with your installation of RCT2. Are you able to play vanilla RCT2? Try uninstalling and reinstalling RCT2 and see if that fixes it.

it is a fresh install off of this website, never launched

If you downloaded it off of here, I assume we're talking about the *highly not-recommended* demo version. Does it run individually on it's own? I ran it once and it played just fine with OpenRCT2. Try running this demo and then try OpenRCT2 again. 

By the way, you might wanna save some cash up for the official copy of this game; it's not that costly these days and often gets sales on GoG and Steam. If these aren't possible ways for you to acquire this game, buy it from any e-commerce website. It'll be slightly costly maybe, but it's worth it. ;)

Edited by ziscor
Changed "GOG" to "GoG" to prevent imlegos' to have a fit.
On 4/27/2016 at 17:50, YoloSweggLord said:

Do you actually have RCT2? You need to have an installation of RCT2 in order to play OpenRCT2. I know this kind of seems like a given, but a lot of people don't understand this.

Yes I have an installation of the game... im not a complete idiot

On 4/27/2016 at 17:05, ziscor said:

If you downloaded it off of here, I assume we're talking about the *highly not-recommended* demo version. Does it run individually on it's own? I ran it once and it played just fine with OpenRCT2. Try running this demo and then try OpenRCT2 again. 

By the way, you might wanna save some cash up for the official copy of this game; it's not that costly these days and often gets sales on GOG and Steam. If these aren't possible ways for you to acquire this game, buy it from any e-commerce website. It'll be slightly costly maybe, but it's worth it. ;)

I tried the demo and the recommended versions, they both do the exact same thing

12 minutes ago, bcman12358 said:

Yes I have an installation of the game... im not a complete idiot

I just read the fine print on the download page and discovered that I have to actually have a copy of roller coaster tycoon 2 for this to run, so it turns out that I am a complete idiot :P

6 hours ago, bcman12358 said:

I tried the demo and the recommended versions

How could you have the recommended version if it was the demo? A recommended version of the game is simply a copy acquired legally, mate. Fine print or not, you probably knew this when you downloaded the demo. :P

That still doesn't answer the problem, though. The demo version should still work for you (even if it's not recommended). Like I asked before, can the demo version be run individually?