Forum Rules

YoloSweggLord

I feel there should be a list of forum rules stickied to the front page of the forums. Some ideas:

• Racial and/or ethnic hate will not be tolerated.
  • Before asking a question, check the forums to see if it has been asked and/or answered already. The search tool is there for a reason!
  • Please do not ask us to give away the expansions for free. It is neither legally nor morally right. If you need the expansions, a cheap copy can be obtained via Steam, Amazon, GOG, or Atari.
  • Please do not advertise your own communities on this site. (I tried making a link to a Discord a while ago to make it easier for people on my server to get to it but @RuneLaenen removed it)
  • Spamming the forums and/or hindering the ability for others to read the forum posts will not be tolerated.

Let me know what you guys think of this idea and/or what further suggestions you have for rules!

Edited by YoloSweggLord

I see what you're saying, Jensj. When I suggested this, I was thinking more along the lines of fixing the current forum issues, I.E. asking questions that have already been asked, especially the expansion packs requests. Also, I felt like having this could prevent things like #4 happening, when my post was removed simply because I didn't realize that I couldn't post stuff like that here. While common sense should be enough to keep people in line, I felt like there are way too many people asking questions that have already been answered when common sense should be enough for them to see if the question has already been asked.

I don't feel the need for any forum rules. Most of these rules are just common sense - something not all people have. I also doubt the ones asking frequently asked questions will not take the time to read a sticky post. Maybe it's nicer to have a sub-forum specific message at the top when creating new topics, for example "Check if your question has already been asked before" when creating a thread in Problems, Bugs and Feedback.

On 25-4-2016 at 21:21, Broxzier said:

Maybe it's nicer to have a sub-forum specific message at the top when creating new topics, for example "Check if your question has already been asked before" when creating a thread in Problems, Bugs and Feedback.

Yep, this was the case on the old .net site. We'll see if maybe we can do something like that here too.