Female Peeps And Swimming Pools

cascadia

One of the things that always bothered me is that peeps on water rides always seem to be either male or topless females (can't really tell, but they all have bare chests).  Perhaps there should be female peeps on water rides, as well (assigned randomly)?

Also, I know that there are fan created swimming pool rides out there, but how about an official OpenRCT swimming pool ride in the future (with both male and female peeps, of course)?  You could combine it with beach and poolside "rides" where peeps get to lay on the sand, towels, or chairs and soak up the sun.

Edited by cascadia

If you're asking for bras on some peeps, I don't think that's gonna happen soon. This would probably require a whole new gender variable added to peeps that ties in with the naming system, so as to stave off questions as to why John S. is going around water parks wearing a bra, the kinky little bastard. Of course, this also means that some (or all) of the custom water rides wouldn't work with this system.

As for "official" swimming pools, this doesn't sound like something that's ever going to happen with OpenRCT2. First of all, there's really no point in creating a swimming pool ride for OpenRCT2 when one could easily obtain a copy of a custom swimming pool ride online. Second of all, so far OpenRCT2 has been focusing on deconstructing the original RCT2 coding while adding in some new functionalities that previously would only have been available with trainers. They aren't really focusing on custom rides as that's something you can easily get elsewhere. And as for the custom sunbathing/lounging rides, while it could be a nice addition to the game, it would be kind of hard to avoid the base texture visible on all flat rides. The brown base texture would still remain, so your peeps would end up laying their towels down on the hard rocky floor instead of the sand, where they belong.

Edited by YoloSweggLord
  • Like 1

I know it would be complex to add gender, but just wanted to add a suggestion for the far future after the code has been fully reverse-engineered.  The reason for adding official pools and sunbathing rides was just an additional suggestion to tie in with this.  Thanks! :)

I, personally am against having genders in OpenRCT2 (for the most part). I like the guests right now because they have a mystery element to them. All of them look the same and only wear the same stuff with different colors. This is also why RCT3 doesn't do it for me: they all look unique with different hairstyles, heights and ways of walking. As a Theme Park Simulator this is a very nice choice (this is ironically the direction RCT games have taken now), but I see RCT 1 & 2's aesthetics more like an antique model-set one would probably find in their grand parent's attic. The less detailed the guests are, the better I say.

But then again, if this idea is carefully executed, I just might like it. :P 

The problem with including female peeps (or any other variations on the peep model), is that presently every ride has it's own peep sprites. If you add female peeps, you double the number of sprites you need for the ride... except you don't, because peeps are currently paired up. You would either have to have a sprite for every possible pairing, or have individual sprites for peeps instead. Either way, you now need four times the peep sprites per ride. Also, the peeps are so small you could barely tell the difference between male and female anyway.

I would also like to see swimming pools properly implemented, but I don't think it will happen any time soon. I don't think it's a bad idea, but it would still need the base graphics to be extended with sprites for peeps wearing swim clothes, and some slight alterations to the object format, at the minimum.

4 hours ago, ziscor said:

I, personally am against having genders in OpenRCT2 (for the most part). I like the guests right now because they have a mystery element to them. All of them look the same and only wear the same stuff with different colors. This is also why RCT3 doesn't do it for me: they all look unique with different hairstyles, heights and ways of walking. As a Theme Park Simulator this is a very nice choice (this is ironically the direction RCT games have taken now), but I see RCT 1 & 2's aesthetics more like an antique model-set one would probably find in their grand parent's attic. The less detailed the guests are, the better I say.

But then again, if this idea is carefully executed, I just might like it. :P 

That's a good point.  If we ever do implement proper swimming pools, through, we should make the sprites for both those rides and other water rides all wear one-piece bathing suits, so we can't tell male and female apart (assuming we don't go down the route of having gendered peeps, which I think is still a good very long range goal). 

2 minutes ago, imlegos said:

the names are generated using a table of first names, followed by a random letter for their last.

Correct, unless you've set the game to name peeps numerically (guest 1, guest 2, etc.) in the options menu. In which case gender won't have to have anything to do with the names.