I can't run the launcher!

If you pressed 'Ja', the report should have been automatically submitted to the GitHub issue tracker and there's not much left to do unless you know the cause. You could for example try running it without any plugins or custom objects to see if that makes any difference, or switch to the release build as long as the issue persists.

• Useful 2
On 27/01/2023 at 20:37, jensj12 said:

If you pressed 'Ja', the report should have been automatically submitted to the GitHub issue tracker and there's not much left to do unless you know the cause. You could for example try running it without any plugins or custom objects to see if that makes any difference, or switch to the release build as long as the issue persists.

For the past couple of weeks, this hasn't been the case for me. I've been getting this myself at least a couple of times a day, and if I let it try and automatically send the report, it just tells me that it couldn't complete. Claiming that I may have an older build that isn't logged anymore (or something similar). It happens two or three times in a row, then all is fine. I then get told I can submit a report manually, but I suspect you'd need a GitHub log in for that (which I don't have). Windows wouldn't let me take a screenshot as it's "wheel" was still spinning, so I had to use my digital camera for these pics.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

Edited by ExCrafty
Additional Information

I've been unable to run OpenRCT2 whether from the launcher, or an autosave, or a save game. I have no idea if this is a windows 11 thing, or an OpenRCT2 thing. I have tried disabling anti-virus, and other intrusion s/w. I have made sure the game has access through the firewall. I have deleted and reinstalled the game. It updates fine, it's just that when I try to launch it, it pops the messages. when I try a saved game all I get is a BLACK screen, if I try an autosave I get a WHITE screen. It doesn't matter if the game is set for windowed or full screen.

I have even gone so far as to create a GitHub account.

The message box isn't clear (to me) how or where to upload the crash data it generates.

This issue has gone from being an intermittent and annoying thing, to not allowing me access to the game.

Please could a Dev or influential person let me know how I can get the requested files to whoever can help.

The fact that I'm in Australia makes it difficult to get a quick turn around on any responses, since probably most here are either in Europe, UK, or US.

Edited by ExCrafty

With Gymnasiast having left the dev team and me barely playing OpenRCT2 anymore, you probably won't get much detailed OpenRCT2 info on this forum anymore, I'll give a warning to the other devs but that's about as much as I can do. GitHub issues are probably the best way to get detailed help with a long turnaround time, as discord (being the official support channel) tends to drown these discussions. One last thing to try: launch the game from explorer (that is, not using the launcher, save or autosave to open the game, just double-click the .exe or .com file).

• Like 2

I saw a few reports on GitHub for crashes that happen when loading the title sequence. It may have something to do with the title sequence not loading properly for you. Can you try opening a saved game directly with OpenRCT2.exe? And can you show the folders inside your Documents\OpenRCT2\bin\data ?

• Like 2

Thanks for the information and suggestions both of you.

I have no idea what it was that I did, but after trying loading from saved games, bypassing the launcher, loading autosaves. Something seems to have gone right. Things are working as they should.

The help is / was appreciated.

Pity to hear about Gymansiast, but things change, and we move on.  :)