Insight into why please.

The message is self-explanatory, but I'm wondering why these groups wouldn't be complete as groups. All those in the image plus the one that generated the message, are obviously custom content, but incomplete sets ?

I'm unsure how to remedy this, as I don't like seeing error messages. 😕

Edited by ExCrafty
8 hours ago, ExCrafty said:

The message is self-explanatory, but I'm wondering why these groups wouldn't be complete as groups. All those in the image plus the one that generated the message, are obviously custom content, but incomplete sets ?

I'm unsure how to remedy this, as I don't like seeing error messages. 😕

I don't see any image in your post, but if these are custom scenery groups containing custom objects, it's possible that you don't have one or more of the objects that belong to the group installed, and that's why they can't all be selected.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1
On 26/08/2022 at 11:36, Dubaifreak said:

I have the same problem with some of my scenery groups, just look at the video!

And I have the same response - you are probably missing some of the objects that belong to the group (I wonder if the error message could be made a bit clearer? Would probably be useful if it told you what object couldn't be selected, or even if it popped up a list of every missing object like it does for park files).

The other possible cause of this error is that you have hit the limit on the number of objects that can be selected, but this limit is now so high that this is unlikely. You can check by clicking "advanced" on the object selection, then you can see how many objects of each type you have selected and what the limit is.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
10 hours ago, X7123M3-256 said:

You can check by clicking "advanced" on the object selection, then you can see how many objects of each type you have selected and what the limit is.

I do use the "advanced" button, but generally after selecting everything, since individually clicking ~2k items can be painful for my fingers, so it's reduced by selecting all the groups first then the individual items remaining. With what custom content I have, I can't come close to the current item limits.