Custom track not saving vehicle type

When I try to save my custom track designs the ride vehicle type is not saving. For example, if I save an impulse coaster with the Barnstorming Trains, when I go to build, it says "vehicle design unavailable" in red when selecting the design. The vehicle type is available in that scenario...and when I go to build, the regular impulse trains are there instead.

The same happened with a wooden coaster design and depending on the scenario, the game will change the vehicle type to another wooden type, different from what it should be. I've seen it change to the stagecoach or articulated trains when it should just be the regular wooden coaster train.

This issue appears to only affect custom tracks that I have saved since updating to the latest version.

Since there are 3 different 'latest versions', that doesn't specify whether it's the release, develop or NSF build. Please post a screenshot of the 'about OpenRCT2' window or copy-paste its content (even 'latest [branch]' isn't enough to fully determine the used version, as the game is updated very often).

On 09/10/2021 at 02:37, astraylife said:

When I try to save my custom track designs the ride vehicle type is not saving. For example, if I save an impulse coaster with the Barnstorming Trains, when I go to build, it says "vehicle design unavailable" in red when selecting the design. The vehicle type is available in that scenario...and when I go to build, the regular impulse trains are there instead.

The same happened with a wooden coaster design and depending on the scenario, the game will change the vehicle type to another wooden type, different from what it should be. I've seen it change to the stagecoach or articulated trains when it should just be the regular wooden coaster train.

This issue appears to only affect custom tracks that I have saved since updating to the latest version.

Gday,

If you're seeing the red text in the ride/track selection, then the vehicle type you saved with, did save. If the vehicle type isn't available at the time, then it'll give the red text. I'm not sure if I'm being clear or not, re-reading my comment, and it sounds confusing.

You could enable cheats, and then use the "Object Selection" option and select the particular vehicle you want. If that still doesn't work, it may be that that vehicle hasn't been "researched" yet in game.

I apologise if I'm confusing, I couldn't think of a clearer way to say this.  :)

This is the version I am using: Version 0.3.4.1 (fd18ac7)

As for ExCrafty's comments, I can save the track design in a scenario with all the appropriate vehicle types and then try and build it in the same park immediately afterward and the vehicle type will change from what it should be saved as. It doesn't matter if the vehicle type is available in that park, it will build with another vehicle type if there are other available for that track type.

If I save a wooden coaster track with the standard wooden coaster trains and go to build it in a park that only has that ride vehicle available for wooden coasters, the custom track selection will still state in red that the vehicle is not available. However, in this case, the track when built would feature the correct vehicles since that is the only type available in that park.

But in other parks where multiple vehicle types are available for a track, the game keeps switching to a different vehicle type

• Like 1
3 hours ago, astraylife said:

This is the version I am using: Version 0.3.4.1 (fd18ac7)

As for ExCrafty's comments, I can save the track design in a scenario with all the appropriate vehicle types and then try and build it in the same park immediately afterward and the vehicle type will change from what it should be saved as. It doesn't matter if the vehicle type is available in that park, it will build with another vehicle type if there are other available for that track type.

If I save a wooden coaster track with the standard wooden coaster trains and go to build it in a park that only has that ride vehicle available for wooden coasters, the custom track selection will still state in red that the vehicle is not available. However, in this case, the track when built would feature the correct vehicles since that is the only type available in that park.

But in other parks where multiple vehicle types are available for a track, the game keeps switching to a different vehicle type

Gday,

Oh, now I get what you mean, sorry, that to me does sound like something that shouldn't be happening. I've never had that sort of problem myself. So I'll shut up and go back to my corner.  :)

I got a similar occurrence tonight. A LIM coaster that was made with the standard trains. When opened in a game it displayed the message saying that the ride would use a different vehicle, and when placed in game, it warned me that stats may change for that reason. Here's some screenshots including one that should have the version visible. The placed ride did use the correct trains, but I find it weird that it claimed otherwise.

Diamond Heights 2021-10-14 22-03-46.png

DSN Tidbinbilla 2021-10-14 21-49-29.png

DSN Tidbinbilla 2021-10-14 21-49-39.png