Question- is there a cheat/hack/plugin to adjust train station speed/water ride base speed

Pretty much as the title says, I've got a water coaster with single car trains and a long station, is there currently a method to adjust the speed a train moves through the station (on a specific ride only)? It would only be a 1, maybe 2 mph increase, so a still reasonable/realistic amount. Second, for a water coaster, is there a way to increase the "water section base speed" upward by a mph or two? (In this case it would be fine changing all coasters of that type, or even all tracked water rides.) I don't know if it's possible or not, and if it is that would be quite useful.

I don't know any way to increase the speed through stations. Your best shot there might be to shorten the station (there are cheats to ignore the vehicle limits imposed by station size). For the water coaster you might be able to simulate the effect by adding chain lifts to the water pieces.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, jensj12 said:

I don't know any way to increase the speed through stations. Your best shot there might be to shorten the station (there are cheats to ignore the vehicle limits imposed by station size). For the water coaster you might be able to simulate the effect by adding chain lifts to the water pieces.

I found that cheat made a dramatic change to water rides, and any others that are either slow, or really slow down uphill. Instead of 1kph, they do 8kph.  :) You can't adjust THAT speed, but it's a vast improvement anyway.

16 hours ago, ExCrafty said:

I found that cheat made a dramatic change to water rides, and any others that are either slow, or really slow down uphill. Instead of 1kph, they do 8kph.  :) You can't adjust THAT speed, but it's a vast improvement anyway.

You can, if you temporarily change the ride type to a ride that does allow changing the chainlift speed (and maybe also use cheats to set it below the usual minimum value).

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...