Reliability issues after changing chainhill speed

Hello everyone. A long time RCT2 player here. I recently discovered OpenRCT and man, it really enhances the game!

I've come accross this strange bug, after building this Kingda Ka-esque coaster (see attachments):

1794607855_SixFlagsMagicMountain2021-03-2916-04-00.thumb.png.a4ab4620aa6233321b9e25565e5bc133.png

After setting the chainhill speed to 146km/h (or 91mph), I've noticed that the reliability of the coaster will quickly drop. 

1413700130_SixFlagsMagicMountain2021-03-2916-07-46.thumb.png.da018a3bbcc0f1539a85facf04f9709b.png

After just 5 min. it dropped from 100% to 69%!1350544802_SixFlagsMagicMountain2021-03-2916-12-47.thumb.png.8bce4ed1b0706dbabb4ff8b88b1705eb.png

How is this possible?

Kingda Ka.td6

This isn't a bug - setting a higher chain lift speed makes the reliability decrease more rapidly, so setting the chain lift speed much higher than normal has the side effect of making the reliability decay much faster than normal. You can use booster pieces instead, or disable breakdowns.

• Informative 1
  • 3 months later...
16 hours ago, TheSocalEskimo said:

I'm a newbie to openrct here and installing tracks. How do you guys view the coaster? Do you put it in the ride editor? or a park? I assume it is a vertical coaster as well.

What do you mean, exactly? Are you trying to install .td6 track designs, or?

On 07/07/2021 at 01:23, Gymnasiast said:

What do you mean, exactly? Are you trying to install .td6 track designs, or?

Thanks for your reply. I meant I was just trying to view TsubakiharaYuuji's Kingda-ka style coaster. I tried putting it in Documents>openrct>track>Kingda Ka.td6 but cannot find it when I go in the track editor and try opening various coaster types. Is it a vertical coaster or a hyper. I tried both but it seems to not be showing.

9 minutes ago, TheSocalEskimo said:

Thanks for your reply. I meant I was just trying to view TsubakiharaYuuji's Kingda-ka style coaster. I tried putting it in Documents>openrct>track>Kingda Ka.td6 but cannot find it when I go in the track editor and try opening various coaster types. Is it a vertical coaster or a hyper. I tried both but it seems to not be showing.

It should either be a Hyper-Twister (not to be confused with Hyper Coaster, which is not the same) or a (Steel) Twister roller coaster.

12 minutes ago, TsubakiharaYuuji said:

It's a Hyper-Twister, using the wide (4 across) trains

Thanks for the info and help. I don't know, must be something with my system or version who knows. I put the track in the folder path to the track folder like I mentioned in my previous post, but still does not show up when using the hyper twister with 4 across trains. Thank you for the help anyway.