Can you beat any/all scenarios without rollercasters?

Afaik Coasters are crucial to increase the maximum number of park visitors, but they are not the only mean to do that, are they?

Aside from max visitor count they server other purposes too I think.

But I wonder: Can you win all scenarios without any coasters at all?

• 1 year later...

But won't the peeps start demanding more intense rides as the game proceeds? In my parks I pretty much don't even bother with building the gentle rides since they don't get more than a couple of peeps wanting to ride them after about half a year ingame, even with ticket prices as low as .20c. Even the excilting rides like the twister and the motion simulator rides don't attract any thing worthy of being considered a crowd after a while, even when being renewed. 

#Iwanttogoonsomethingmorethrillingthanblank

Can you beat any scenario without rollercoaster? Definitely yes. Forest Frontiers from RCT is very easy.

Can you beat all scenarios without rollercoasters? Definitely no, because of the goal “Complete 5 coasters” and “Build 10 coasters with rating X”. These are literally impossible to win without rollercoasters. ;-)

Edited by Wuzzy
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 14/07/2020 at 11:27, Thanquol666 said:

But won't the peeps start demanding more intense rides as the game proceeds? In my parks I pretty much don't even bother with building the gentle rides since they don't get more than a couple of peeps wanting to ride them after about half a year ingame, even with ticket prices as low as .20c. Even the excilting rides like the twister and the motion simulator rides don't attract any thing worthy of being considered a crowd after a while, even when being renewed. 

#Iwanttogoonsomethingmorethrillingthanblank

My understanding is that it's the "Preferred Ride Intensity" stat of a guest that determines what they think about a particular ride, with "I want to go on something more thrilling than ____" coming up if the ride is lower than preferred and "____ looks too intense for me" if it's higher.

Going back to the original question: There are some thrill rides with intensity levels comparable to roller coasters (eg. Rotodrop) that could potentially work in a "no roller coasters" challenge. That still leaves issues with ride availability by scenario and objectives that specifically call for coasters, though.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few scenarios I've won just by only placing gentle rides & shops.  I beat Pacifica ($8000 in ride tickets) by building 136 mazes.  It rained in the month before completing the scenario and I kept building more mazes, so it was a bit of overkill with 10k in ride tickets in the final month.  You'll run into some guest retention issues with only gentle rides, as I don't think I broke 1000 guests even with such a high soft guest cap.

You can always build thrill rides to attract the guests that need more intense rides, so you can beat practically any scenario with just gentle+thrill rides.  Coasters aren't "necessary", but part of the fun is to build coasters to fit with your park theme.

Edited by aim9x
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...