now my file contains invalid data

Do you have the objdata that associates with the park or is something in the objdata corrupted? I normally back up my objdata (all of it, including the stuff that comes with the game), thought it might be the objdata if anything. Hopefully this should help, if not, I don't know. :\

Edited by JamsSquirrel
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, JamsSquirrel said:

Do you have the objdata that associates with the park or is something in the objdata corrupted? I normally back up my objdata (all of it, including the stuff that comes with the game), thought it might be the objdata if anything. Hopefully this should help, if not, I don't know. :\

well I have been deleting a bunch of stuff but I still opened it last night. tonight I tried to open it but nope

It very well may be you deleted a needed file for your park. If you deleted that file(s), you should be able to easily get it back.

In the little black box that pops up with OpenRCT2, usually when a save can't be opened because of missing files, it says what files are missing. Click that box and write down the missing files. 

....and then download them again.

Or: 

Go into OpenRCT2 and search in the options for the option to turn on or off "Allow missing files to be downloaded for you" (This isn't the actual words, but you should be able to find it). If you do find it, turn it on.

Hopefully either of these solutions will fix it. Get back to me if it doesn't!

Also: @JamsSquirrel, I see you have taken my advice and tried to use it to help others. Good choice youngling, good choice, xD

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, BlazingEmpireHD said:

Also: @JamsSquirrel, I see you have taken my advice and tried to use it to help others. Good choice youngling, good choice, xD

Well, learning from the past issues I've had makes you wiser I think. Well I tried, all my objdata is backed up, including the data that is normally in the game and not customs. I thought it was my objdata as well, but turns out to be a glitchy miniature train that had 10 cars (I know the thing says "Unstable" when checking the option to go over the average amount of cars per train and such. (the train part was off topic)).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BlazingEmpireHD said:

It very well may be you deleted a needed file for your park. If you deleted that file(s), you should be able to easily get it back.

In the little black box that pops up with OpenRCT2, usually when a save can't be opened because of missing files, it says what files are missing. Click that box and write down the missing files. 

....and then download them again.

Or: 

Go into OpenRCT2 and search in the options for the option to turn on or off "Allow missing files to be downloaded for you" (This isn't the actual words, but you should be able to find it). If you do find it, turn it on.

Hopefully either of these solutions will fix it. Get back to me if it doesn't!

thank you sir I'll try it

On 2016-10-16 at 07:40, BlazingEmpireHD said:

It very well may be you deleted a needed file for your park

Yes indeed you're right, it were, the command prompt doesn't show up in the later version of the game thanks to the new independent .exe file but the older version did and verbose told him what where missing, there were some files and I hope OP can get them back, @stef084 you can always always ask for help to find and get all files working xD

All the files you saw pasted were missing tho to load that specific save file

TIP; When you've got everything working, go to options and tick 'Export plug-in objects with saved games' as this will save all the necessary stuff to get the save file running even if you delete everything

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Nubbie said:

Right folder?

Edit; Try moving the  'plugin.dat & objects.idx' in Documents\OpenRCT2 to another location and try again, if it doesnt work you can move it back

bronxier told me to try deleting plugin.dat so I will need to find that again

The files you're missing must have the same name too, does all of them have it or has a (1) slipped in which windows does if there are already a copy in the same folder of that object?

Or else I presume you have to download all objects again

8 hours ago, stef084 said:

I did the search function and it came up w/ 4 versions of this

Also tells me the folder should be cleaned as there should only be 1

• Like 1