joshmarsilio's Coasters And Parks

joshmarsilio

4 minutes ago, joshmarsilio said:

Funny... i thought that was a type of shampoo.

The Shuttle Loop model was designed by the Anton Schwarzkopf co. and was a popular coaster in several parks while it was still being manufactured. Schwarzkopf is credited with making the first vertical clothoid loop on a roller coaster (Revolution at SfMM) after the Lina Beecher designed circular loops of the early 20th century.

@joshmarsilio I know you are relatively new to this and I don't think any of us jumped in and starting making custom ANYTHING right a way. We all started with what was in the game and gradually learned how to design, construct and test a new coaster learning as we went. Some of us have forgotten that we were once novices too. Woodies to some people are hard to design so that they are entertaining and fun to ride.

I might suggest rather using a pre-built scenario use the Scenario Editor and create a 100x100 layout using the map generating tool. Scroll through until you find one that has small rolling hills. Remembering that some of the best woodies I have ridden on were NOT built on flat ground. Start to experiment. Load a pre-built and try modifying it to learn.

Another thing is to download some parks from other people and look at what they did when they built their coasters.

Who knows maybe your niche might be constructing B&M wing coasters!

• Like 1

These "track pieces" especially for wooden coasters are very limited. For example, it's not possible to make a straight away or straight facing hill that is tilted at 45 degrees. You can only make a banked curve or "helix" that is banked, and also only 1 loop size, what is this? I will keep practicing, but i think some of you are taking this game way too seriously.

On 9/19/2016 at 20:41, CharlieP said:

@joshmarsilio I know you are relatively new to this and I don't think any of us jumped in and starting making custom ANYTHING right a way. We all started with what was in the game and gradually learned how to design, construct and test a new coaster learning as we went. Some of us have forgotten that we were once novices too. Woodies to some people are hard to design so that they are entertaining and fun to ride.

I might suggest rather using a pre-built scenario use the Scenario Editor and create a 100x100 layout using the map generating tool. Scroll through until you find one that has small rolling hills. Remembering that some of the best woodies I have ridden on were NOT built on flat ground. Start to experiment. Load a pre-built and try modifying it to learn.

Another thing is to download some parks from other people and look at what they did when they built their coasters.

Who knows maybe your niche might be constructing B&M wing coasters!

Wow Guys, you're right, i do i have some practice to do. I took a look at "finnwood castle" and really admire the architecture, and original coasters. I haven't been able to find any other save files of people's parks to compare myself to until now.  I really wish i had some other completed parks so i could study them.

Well i'll keep trying, but i am very frustrated with the lack of object selection, and a few other things so i do my best.  

By the way, i tried loading a blank map so i could actually try building a wing coaster and when i clicked on wing coaster it turned into twister coaster and wouldn't come up with wing coaster parts. I don't know but my rct software is simply missing stuff.

Finnwood Castle.SV6

Edited by joshmarsilio
1 hour ago, joshmarsilio said:

By the way, i tried loading a blank map so i could actually try building a wing coaster and when i clicked on wing coaster it turned into twister coaster and wouldn't come up with wing coaster parts. I don't know but my rct software is simply missing stuff.

Um, no, the custom Wing Coaster uses the Steel Twister track and is not missing any pieces. There aren't any "wing coaster" pieces that aren't in the steel twister coaster.