What guy has two thumbs and crashes on startup?

There is literally no information to go on here. I wouldn't expect someone to magically know why I'm having an issue I'm not sure why you would. We have designed the game to output quite a bit of debug info and you have provided none of that. There are multiple versions of openrct2 and there is no indication of which one you have. 

• Like 1

Something like the game version (0.0.4 or 0.0.5 develop, and the commit in case of the latter), anything that does open or what gets printed to the console. Have you tried running with --verbose? Did you change anything shortly before it stopped working? Some searching around could have given you the questions you need to aswer, as they're in pretty much every 'help my game doesn't start' topic.

34 minutes ago, jensj12 said:

Something like the game version (0.0.4 or 0.0.5 develop, and the commit in case of the latter), anything that does open or what gets printed to the console. Have you tried running with --verbose? Did you change anything shortly before it stopped working? Some searching around could have given you the questions you need to aswer, as they're in pretty much every 'help my game doesn't start' topic.

We need a FAQ topic that states this, plus what to give in a post.

I have absolutely no clue since you offer way too few information but I have random a guess you could try (but zero guarantees that it will work) because I had the same issue.

I have issues with sound, nobody helped me so far: https://openrct2.org/forums/topic/1441-broken-sound-openrct2-crashes-when-starting-with-title-music-enabled-ie-by-default/

Try to locate your config.ini file and change the number after “title_music” to 0 and save the file. Now try if OpenRCT2 starts.

On 7/8/2016 at 15:49, jensj12 said:

I'm running the most recent version, both with and without the updater. Have not tried verbose, what is that? No, didn't change anything that i can recall. I didn't see the same problem in the forums here. What's with all the hostility?

Edited by SensualEthiopianPolice

Instead of bashing people, why not asking them for more information? Why not post the 'issue template' we have on GitHub in chat? 

Not everyone is tech savvy and this isn't helping

Edit: I'm 80% sure you have the same problem most people have had with object files etc being corrupted, especially when I saw your dump file

Edited by Nubbie
  • Like 1