Increase station platform length from 12 to 14

KKLD

Hello everyone,

I have found out that increasing the maximum station length from 12  to 14 enables you to have room for more trains and longer trains (goes hand in hand with the new train length cheat). I have tested it with numerous rides and there doesn't seem to be any problems. I find the especially beneficial for water rides as I tend to always have a line and the extra rowing boats/swans/bumper boats really help.

Why the number 14? Well, if you go above that it sort of resets and you can only have as much as a 1 tile station platform.

The code is found in track.c line 4193.

What are your thoughts on this?

1 hour ago, KKLD said:

Unfortunately when you go above 14 it starts over as I said. It works fine with 1 long train, though. With multiple trains, it doesn't work. But for rides with cars/boats it doesn't work.

What starts over exactly? If there's an issue with longer stations we better address it now while it's not merged in the game.

3 hours ago, jensj12 said:

Removing this limit has been proposed in a pull request 14 hours ago (with lines 4193-4197 removed from track.c): https://github.com/OpenRCT2/OpenRCT2/pull/3486

Are you sure more than 14 tiles gives problems? If so, please post that in the pull request I linked.

1 hour ago, Broxzier said:

What starts over exactly? If there's an issue with longer stations we better address it now while it's not merged in the game.

The Bumper Boats ride, for example, can have more boats the longer the station platform is. When the station platform is 14 tiles long it can have the most boats. When you exceed 14, it starts over as if you only have built a 1 tile long station platform. You can also do the same thing with any coaster. Select 2-3 trains and build past 14 tiles and watch what happens... you are limited to a single train that is minimum length.

Does this make sense? Try it out for yourself, keep making a longer station platform and try to have as many trains with as many cars as possible.

Edit: Yes I saw your post on Github. That would need to be fixed before we go above 14. For now we can safely do an increase to 14.

Edited by KKLD

I suppose this is what you mean?
The screenshots are taken with 14, 15, 18, 30 and 31 tiles. Notice how it resets. At 18 tiles is when you can have more than 1 train.

14.png

15.png

18.png

30.png

31.png

Edited by KKLD
  • Like 1