Need help with dragons cove

lisanne

Hi everyone, 

I'm playing rollercoaster tycoon classic on my phone and keep getting stuck at the excitement rating being too low. 

I see max. Lateral G. Is written red. Ofcourse I tried finding tips online but so far it still didn't work. I read about lateral G. But I still have no clue what it litteraly means. Can someone explain it in a very easy way? English is not my language, I speak it but those terms I've never heard of.

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_2024-10-16-21-30-04-880_com.atari.mobile.rctclassic.jpg

Can you upload your save, or upload a screenshot that clearly shows the whole coaster? We cannot say anything about your coaster if we cannot see it.

I can help you in Dutch or German if needed. Otherwise, we can try to explain it in very simple terms.

@BEplayer It’s a nice offer, but online translators are generally not very good for this kind of thing, especially when trying to translate English into smaller languages.

• Like 1

Hi! Thanks for the friendly messages!

Mostly I don't have problems understanding English, it's just those specific terms. What does the G. stand for for example?

The YouTube video is a good idea, I will watch it soon. I'll also post a screenshot of the rollercoasters.

I speak Dutch so if you're Dutch that would be handy😁

• Like 1

De ‘G’ staat voor ‘G-kracht’. Positieve G-krachten duwen je in je achtbaanstoelje, terwijl je bij negatieve G-krachten juist omhoog komt. Als je door een looping gaat voel je dat bijvoorbeeld goed. Zijwaartste G-krachten (in het Engels ‘Lateral G forces’) duwen je opzij. Als je te hard door een bocht gaat kun je dat goed voelen. In je screenshot staan ze in het rood, dus die zijn hier het probleem.

Waarschijnlijk gaat jouw achtbaan ergens te hard door een bocht, of heb je vergeten een bocht schuin te leggen. Dat is meestal de oorzaak van overmatige zijwaartse G-krachten. Als je je screenshot plaatst kan ik daar meer over zeggen.

• Like 1

Dankje! Ook G-kracht zegt me niets in het Nederlands dus waarschijnlijk lag het niet eens aan de taal😅

De bochten schuin leggen had ik inderdaad begrepen, dit heb ik aangepast en werkte bij 1 van de achtbanen heel goed. Te hard door een bocht ga ik nog even checken en nog puzzelen met de andere tips. Ik zal dan ook screenshots plaatsen als ik er niet uit kom.

Bedankt voor je reactie weer!

• Like 1

yes, sorry, I should have gone back to English.

I said that also in Dutch I have no clue what those 'G-powers' mean. So the problem wasn't even the language appearantly. But he/she said that it might be that the rollercoaster goes too fast in corners so that's also something that I'm gonna check. So it's still not solved but as soon as I have time I'm gonna try all the suggestions here. If I still can't make it I'll send screenshots

I tried but I really don't make it. 2 rollercoasters are good, the other 3 no. 

I really don't enjoy building rollercoasters so if there is a cheat to skip this park please let me know 😅

I add screenshots here. Unfortunately I can't make them more clear but you might see some mistakes already like this

Screenshot_2024-10-17-22-04-56-902_com.atari.mobile.rctclassic.jpg

Screenshot_2024-10-17-22-05-07-703_com.atari.mobile.rctclassic.jpg

Screenshot_2024-10-17-22-11-13-694_com.atari.mobile.rctclassic.jpg

I want to give you some tips for future coasters (to get the intensity right):

1) Bank every Element! Its a good tip to bank every element that you are able to! If you are not able to bank the curve, add brakes to reduce the speed of the train. 

2) Element sequencing! Sequence the elements in the right way! Put the biggest elements first, put the smallest later in your layout. For example: Chainlift, Drop, Big Loop, big hills (Coaster Enthusiast often say Airtime Hill), Brakes higher off the ground, small drop, corkshrew, final brakes)

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, lisanne said:

Funny, I'm watching this now and I'm thinking the speaker is Dutch. Coincidence 

Marcel Vos is Dutch.

As for lateral G, banking turns and slower speeds are two ways to do it. As Marcel has said in his videos.

As BE said, it takes time and practice, I don't play on mobile devices, so I don't know if there are cheats or not.

I also try to use the widest turns I can in many places.

Edited by ExCrafty
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Examples to explain G forces:

Lateral Gs: This is the physical force that pushes your body to the side in turns. There is a coaster type called wild mouse, which offers some unbanked turns. These push you from side to side. 

Vertical Gs: These can be positive or negative. Positive vert. Gs press you into your seat, negatives lift you out of your seat. When coaster fans talk about "airtime" they mean this sensation.

You can also watch this really easy to understand video:

I think it's important to know how real life coasters work to design functional coasters in rct, so that's why I explained this.

• Useful 1