What's Up?

It looks like this site still has users, but it isn't as active as I hoped. I would LOVE to chat with anyone that know OpenRCT2 well. I am interested in building custom roller coasters and parks. I'm still figuring out the technical stuff like where to put custom assets and see if I can move over my old saved games. (I have beat every scenario in RCT2, so it would be nice to revisit those parks). 

Thanks!

• Awesome 1

This place used to be a lot more active but I think most of the people who used to be here have moved to Discord. There's an official OpenRCT2 discord but it's mostly focused on development - maybe try Deurklink or RC&F. This video lists some other sites:

• Like 1
On 11/03/2024 at 20:35, phuonom said:

It looks like this site still has users, but it isn't as active as I hoped. I would LOVE to chat with anyone that know OpenRCT2 well. I am interested in building custom roller coasters and parks. I'm still figuring out the technical stuff like where to put custom assets and see if I can move over my old saved games. (I have beat every scenario in RCT2, so it would be nice to revisit those parks). 

Thanks!

Hey, I am not able to use discord at the time, so I will stay here. 

For me there are to directions you could take: First, scenario play, and secound sandbox play. 

For sandbox play I gave some general tips here: 

Also Deurklink, actually a really awesome youtuber, made many tutorials:

just watch some videos of this playlist, and you will be really good.

Maybe you could get some Inspiration of my creations, just take a look at this park I made:

If you have questions, you can always ask them!

Greetings from northern germany!

No, this forum isn't as active as it used to be. No doubt many have moved to places like Discord. I personaly don't use those types of platforms, so here is where I visit. :)

I don't post much myself these days, as most of the people here are more into creating parks and aesthetics, where I'm more interested in the roller coasters themselves. 

It's taken me MANY years to get the hang of things that work and things that don't. Pure trial and error, and using the graphing feature to see where designs go into the red with excessive Gs. Obviously some coasters are fine with a degree of red Gs, unless it's lateral, then that appears to be the major thing that I find ruins the excitement rating of a ride.

Welcome to potential frustration.  :)

And welcome from Australia.

• Like 1