Close window modifiers

chrishigs

Hi,

I created a fork of OpenRCT2 and made a change to the window close behaviour to add shift/control modifiers.

Holding shift while clicking close closes all but the current window, and holding control closes all windows of that classification (only applicable to windows that can have multiple open, obvs).

Anyone think this would be useful, and if so, how would I go about requesting this as a feature for the main code? Video shows this in use, with shift modifier being all but the last, which is the control modifier.

Thanks

Looks like you already forked OpenRCT2 and made the changes. Make sure the changes are committed properly (through git), preferably on a new branch and publish that branch to your GitHub fork of OpenRCT2. Then create a pull request on the official OpenRCT2 GitHub repository and wait for review. If any of this doesn't make sense, the GitHub help pages will probably of good help, and don't hesitate to ask if you need more help. The OpenRCT2 developer discord is also a good place to get quick help getting your workflow running.

(note that there is already a shortcut to close the topmost or all windows, using backspace and shift-backspace).

Edited by jensj12
There was a difference between what I thought and what I wrote

Hi,

Ok cool, thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure if I could just create a PR or if an open issue was required to do any changes. Just tidying up the code a little (and noticed a method already existed that I was almost duplicating) so I'll get a PR done at some point.

Yeah, the close/close all shortcuts are handy too. I think it's mostly been times when I've hired loads of staff and wanted to close all but one of the windows to continue something else I was doing without reopening it. And it's been too long since I've put my C++ hat on so having some fun with it.