Europapark Rust (Germany, 475x475, Home of Mack Rides)

JoshuaJacobs

In the 70´s the Mack Family bougt this land as testing ground for their ride developement program.
Decades later it became one of the most popular parks in europe.
This is my work in progress attempt to build an up-to-scale version of it in RCT2. (Mockup of two .park files for work-in-progress reasons)14762777_Europaparkbearbeitung.thumb.png.05c9ae462a701d6fdbec4f11ee222f63.png
Thank you Marcel Vos for explaining dimensions in rct.

Here is another attempt on the Europappark by comiker91

If you are interested i can share my park file with you.

Edited by JoshuaJacobs
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Shure!
thouse are the most relevant usable files. The picture you can see in my post is only a mockup of their combined states.
I use many different .park files at the same time to work on different objects/rides ideas and am not at the point where combining them actually makes sense.

Ist there a name for working in "layers" in the community? Would help me to do further research on other peoples pipelines.
Greetings Joshua

EURPark_SCENARIO_V52.park EURPark_SCENARIO_V35.park

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well thanks for all of your interest - There is not an update yet.
As there are so frequent ORCT2-updates in the past months (ty!), i had the feeling that some of my technical limits might just disapear and just gave it some time.
E.g. some rides recently got new trackpieces and was hoping for the the Gigacoaster to recieve some new ones as well. But i might even find some alternatives for that i guess (besides switching track type and doubeling with a cosmetic track).
But yea, stay tuned!

Edited by JoshuaJacobs
clarification
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

DiagonalBlockbrakes.thumb.png.a2c62eb015817b21f3a12f7351073ff8.png

well:

On 23/05/2023 at 15:28, JoshuaJacobs said:

As there are so frequent ORCT2-updates in the past months (ty!), i had the feeling that some of my technical limits might just disapear and just gave it some time.

This is one out of many examples why i am so glad, that this pearl-of-a-game gets so much love by the many people working in the back.
Not only such great new additions and graphics but especially the dev People that are breaking limits to make features like this become possible.
Again thank you very much for every minute you spent there - it brings joy!

• 2 months later...

When I said that I ...

On 28/08/2023 at 19:22, JoshuaJacobs said:

... started to create some custom assets to resemble key features of the Park. Will this be a slippery-slope to a huge timesink? Yes! ...

... I was not aware that this would get me into doing JUST other assets for OpenRCT2😅
So no, no update on the Park, but i have done about 50 Objects for OpenGrapics.

Also i am waiting for Diagonal boosters atm.
And the additional pieces for the wild mouse coaster. That would get this Project going again :D

Edited by JoshuaJacobs
  • Informative 1
  • 1 month later...
On 04/02/2024 at 22:58, JoshuaJacobs said:

When I said that I ...

... I was not aware that this would get me into doing JUST other assets for OpenRCT2😅

Also i am waiting for Diagonal boosters atm.
And the additional pieces for the wild mouse coaster. That would get this Project going again :D

I thought about the vertical boosters, and you actually can build diagonal boosters with chainlifts. Just unable the chainlift where you want the booster to be, and then you can set the chainlift spead really high to launch the trains.

I hope this helped you a little bit. Would be incredible to see a recreation of Voltron! 

• Winner 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/03/2024 at 13:38, BEplayer said:

I thought about the vertical boosters, and you actually can build diagonal boosters with chainlifts. Just unable the chainlift where you want the booster to be, and then you can set the chainlift spead really high to launch the trains.

I hope this helped you a little bit. Would be incredible to see a recreation of Voltron! 

Uuh right.. that is a super helpful idea actually...🤫
Thanks!

Voltron ... will be a challenge for many reasons probably!
But there will be a way to fake things.

• Like 1
On 04/02/2024 at 21:58, JoshuaJacobs said:

If you're making objects for OpenGraphics you could probably make sprites for vertical boosters yourself. I was experimenting with those a while ago, although I can't show what it looked like because I've lost all the footage. But, I still have the code somewhere. It's a pretty simple thing to add.

Edited by X7123M3-256
  • Informative 1

It'd be very nice to have boosters like these implented for the LIM Launched RC.

boosterui.png?ex=66032b60&is=65f0b660&hm

I was looking for some images in the backlog but sadly the website X7 used to upload his gifs has been discontinued.

Edited by AuraSpecs
  • Like 2