I can't launch the game

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird... Before you try anything else, just retry it one more time. Sometimes it... just works again :p In case it doesn't: Have you tried to uninstall the launcher through the config panel and reinstalling it?Can you run the normal version of RCT2? (through Steam, I suppose)By the way, the black window is not an error. It's the game, because it's a beta, it still launches with a console window. As soon as we've reached version 1 (the first real stable, I guess :p ) it will not prompt the console window. However, the game should just launch seconds after that window has opened...

While going to the GitHub and downloading that version, I got this error. "This application has failed to start because openrct2.ddl was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." Anyone know where I can find this file?
That file is created as a result of Compiling, which is what we do.
While going to the GitHub and downloading that version, I got this error. "This application has failed to start because openrct2.ddl was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." Anyone know where I can find this file?
That file is created as a result of Compiling, which is what we do.
Yes indeed, if you don't know programming you should stick with the builds we provide. If you do have knowledge of programming (Visual Studio in particular), you can try building the dll file yourself. But I doubt that's going to fix anything.
Hey, same thing is happening with me, I can launch the game just fine through the unpacked ZIP and the .exe works perfectly, but when I try to launch it through the launcher the same error pops up.
Hmm that's weird. What the launcher does, is downloading the latest zip build, unzip it and run it. (just like you do manually) Jamaka2001's problem is different, he also can't launch normal zip builds (outside of safe mode)