I can't launch the game

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry for being such a dummy earlier, I only have packs 1,2, and 5. I'm guessing I need to get pack 3?EDIT: I've played around with the laucher, changed my game directory to the original RCT2 and set it to Stable, after hitting update and lauching it, the command box appears with data about the time etc, then self-exits. The dev build is making it say it's always downloading.

Go to your RCT install directory, rightclick rct2.exe, click properties. Go to the Compatibility tab, tick the box for Compatibility mode, and select Windows XP (Service pack 3) from the list. Click OK. It might give you a warning when you open it now, just click OK and it should run. I hope this works.

Go to your RCT install directory, rightclick rct2.exe, click properties. Go to the Compatibility tab, tick the box for Compatibility mode, and select Windows XP (Service pack 3) from the list. Click OK. It might give you a warning when you open it now, just click OK and it should run. I hope this works.
I don't have service pack 3 and when I try and install it, it give me an error saying that I have the wrong update when my computer is fully up to date.

I've never had to do more than setting compatibility mode myself, but perhaps this topic could help you: http://www.nedesigns.com/topic/27987/the-rct-guide-to-windows-78-merging-window-mode-guide-too/Just the part about Running RCT2 & RCTLL on Windows 7 & 8, it might work for Vista too.

I've never had to do more than setting compatibility mode myself, but perhaps this topic could help you: http://www.nedesigns.com/topic/27987/the-rct-guide-to-windows-78-merging-window-mode-guide-too/Just the part about Running RCT2 & RCTLL on Windows 7 & 8, it might work for Vista too.
Sadly, it didn't work.

I have one final theory before I give up, when loading the launcher it is completely white and also the "in launcher" website loads up in Internet Explorer when I have Chrome as default. But when trying to load the page, the navigation fails and no connection is made. My theory is that the launcher is also tied to In Explorer and won't change to a different browser.

If you want I can take a look at your computer through TeamViewer. I'm still not entirely sure what errors you get exactly, and seeing them for myself might make things more clear.
Okay, when would you be able to do that? When ever it is, could we chat on the IRC instead of here?

Here's some things that we found, without success, but it might be useful to someone:The .zip file that the launcher downloads into the bin folder cannot be opened by his computer. The zip file is there, it even has the right size so the download finished, but when opening it there's an error saying "Could not open file <filename> as archive".We then tried manually downloading the zip from this website, but we got the same error.I then changed it to a .7z format, send it to him, and he was able to open it, though when extracting the files into the /bin folder there was an error on openrct2.dll. All other files copied just fine.Most errors seem to seem to be related to permissions, though then it's still strange that it wouldn't work as administrator. This is where I didn't know anymore, so if someone else knows more let us know.

Maybe record your screen and upload it to youtube of the following situations:a) Try running it with the launcherb) Try running it with a zip (https://openrct.net/latest.zip)c) A screenshot of your My Computer Properties (right click on My Computer (or This Computer) and click properties)