Landscape editor in game play

SJL

Firstly I'd just like to say thanks for the latest update! Its brilliant!

Having all those limits lifted is amazing, great work!!😁

It would be really useful if you could use the 'map' page in landscape editor from the scenario editor in actual game play. For example being able to edit the map size, position or amount of park entrances or guest spawn sites in saved games rather then just within the scenario editor.

Also to be able to expand or reduce the map size in all four directions rather than just the two.

landscape editor.png

• Like 1
8 hours ago, SJL said:

Also to be able to expand or reduce the map size in all four directions rather than just the two.

I'd like to see resizing in other than square as well, but I suspect that my require a fundamental change to the game engine. I'm probably wrong though.

You could always just mark a not-square area of a map by making things "Unowned".

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Gymnasiast said:

This has been possible since 2015. Click and hold the golden shovel and put a tick before "Enable sandbox mode". (If you don’t see the golden shovel, enable the Cheats button using the Options window.)

Since 2015 lol, thanks for the help, all sorted nowπŸ‘

On 29/04/2022 at 01:46, ExCrafty said:

I'd like to see resizing in other than square as well, but I suspect that my require a fundamental change to the game engine. I'm probably wrong though.

You could always just mark a not-square area of a map by making things "Unowned".

It is technically possible to have non-square maps since the new save format was merged, but the GUI has not yet been updated to enable it.

Expanding in all four directions is much harder, though. The map currently only expands in the x+ and y+ direction, so no coordinates have to be updated. If you wanted to extend the other way, then _all_ coordinates have to be updated throughout and at once, otherwise it will break vehicles, pathfinding, peeps and everything else on the map.

• Like 2