Guests aren't going on rides with new update

I was previously using 0.3.2-107 for Mac and just upgraded to 0.3.2-204 yesterday. After playing I noticed the amount of guests in the queues was substantially less. Rides that usually had full queues were nearly empty. Tons of peeps were just walking around the paths, not walking up to any rides. Is this related to the new improvement? I usually use double-wide paths since playing on some older parks.

Improved: [#12917] Changed peep movement so that they stay more spread out over the full width of single tile paths.

I'm having the same issue! I attached my park. My park count has stayed around 1300 for the last 45 minutes, even when I've been expanding like crazy. I'm constantly monitoring the rides so that I decrease their cost when the guests complain. But there's not much complaining, and I'm adding new rides and the overall count doesn't increase. I've noticed this for a few scenarios. I can't detect any other issues. I've been playing this game for 10+ years (never gets old) and I should have WAY more people than this. BTW this is on Windows 10, 64-bit version.

Southern Sands.sv6

Edited by Shlara
Include operating details
  • 6 months later...

Hi there!

So I took a look at the first save file you provided and here are my impressions:

• Most of the rides lack a bit of excitement rating
  • You have placed few sceneries or none at all
  • There were no:
    • First Aid stalls
    • Cash Machines available.
  • Sick guests won't go on rides until they don't feel sick again and just sit around doing nothing. To combat that, you can place the First Aid stalls. The guests will go in there and be cured "instantly" of their sickness. 
  • Charging for every ride means you need Cash Machines in your park. Many guests simply run out of money and as they cannot withdraw any more money, they'll just leave. 
  • You had about 1300 guests in your park and only five toilets. This meant 260 guests had to share a toilet. This was not enough. Also, I never charge a dime for the toilets. I know you can do it, but it's best practice to make it just for free.

As for your "problem" with empty queues:

• You frequently had 2-3 trains on very short coasters. That means your throughput is very high. But there was no demand for that. So the queues were empty. Reducing the trains to just one per ride is mostly enough for smaller coasters. Fewer trains mean the queues are filling up more. As a side note: Having full queues is not desirable in every situation. 
  • Contrary to that, your queues for the monorail had been very long. Changing that to more trains is a much better way of keeping your guests moving around the park. The time they spent waiting on a monorail that costs 50 Cents is time lost they could spend on a coaster, drink or food. 

General observations:

• This was a custom scenario. I don't know if you made it yourself or just found it somewhere. If you made it yourself, I'd recommend the following settings for any further scenarios:
    • Harder guest generation: I am not sure if you set this to true, but if so, you need to take into account what that actually means. I found an article about this here
    • It seems like you set the general nausea rating for the guests very low. This makes it a much more difficult scenario. With harder guest generations on and the nausea rating low, you'll eventually end up with a lot of vomit around your park. Having your crew members clean this up is a good thing, but as stated above, this means the guests have to spend time regenerating without the help of First Aid stalls. 
    • I am also unsure what the minimum starting cash of the guests was set to, but if they start with around $40 it'll be easily spent in a short time and with no cash machines, also as stated above, they'll run out of cash very fast.  I don't know if they stay for much longer after they've run out, but the matter of fact is, that they cannot spend anymore. With harder guest generation on and guests leaving the park quickly again, it's very difficult to achieve a high number of guests in your park.
  • Having more than one transport ride in your game is also pretty useless in attracting guests. These rides have low stats and your park is very tiny. The monorail is more than enough. No need for a chair lift. 
  • Place benches and litter bins everywhere! I mean it. So many guests are sick and can't sit anywhere. If they can sit for a while they won't puke. 
  • The park rating was very low, this was caused by many things, such as:
    • Guests running out of cash
    • Vomit on paths
    • No scenery 
    • Coasters with low excitement rating
  • No new guests will come to your park if you don't add anything new. With the harder guest generation on you'll practically need to build new coasters continuously. 

I've attached the save game file I played around with. You'll see I managed the goal of 2300 guests in your park. 

This is not a bug, it's just a very difficult scenario. 

Hope that helps!

Southern Sands_V1.sv6

Oh, I see. Never really played RCT1, don't know the scenarios by heart.

This explains why there were no First Aid stalls or cash machines, as they weren't a thing in RCT1. I guessed it to be a custom scenario because of the loan interest of just 1%. :D