"Mozar's Free For All" not free anymore?

Hi!

Until a few days ago, "Mozar's Free For All" server was REALLY "free". No discord was required, and I could start to build immediately. Since a few days, I'm always set as a "spectator" when connecting to the game... Where is the problem?

• 1 month later...
On 16/11/2020 at 22:35, XXX said:

Hi!

Until a few days ago, "Mozar's Free For All" server was REALLY "free". No discord was required, and I could start to build immediately. Since a few days, I'm always set as a "spectator" when connecting to the game... Where is the problem?

Discord is free!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/05/2021 at 21:15, jensj12 said:

Servers are user-hosted and not part of the OpenRCT2 project. If you have problem with Mozar's Free 4 All server, go to their Discord server. There's nothing we can do here.

Where do I find this "Discord server"??? What is that? I have installed OpenRCT2 on my PC and usually click on the multiplayer menu and then, for example, "Mozar's Free For All".

On 28/05/2021 at 22:41, XXX said:

Where do I find this "Discord server"???

Here's the link to their Discord server. Any questions about that server specifically should go here - I doubt the people who run that server are on this forum, and they're the only people who are likely to be able answer.

They sometimes set the default role to "spectator" to prevent trolling. When they do this, you should still be able to connect, but won't be able to build unless you have been granted additional permissions.

If you don't see the server in the list at all, then the server is probably down, and if you want to know why you'll have to ask the admins.

If you can't connect to the server at all, first make sure you're on the right version (the Mozar servers use the release builds). If you still can't connect, check if you can connect to other servers - that way you can tell if the issue is with you or the server. If it's a problem with the server, then again only the admins are going to be able to help.

• 4 weeks later...

I have watched the problem during the last weeks. Mostly, I can't connect to the server at all, although I have the correct version. Often, a few days later, it is no problem to get into the game. Usually after a few minutes, the connection interrupts ("Disconnected - No data"), and when I try to reconnect then, again I can't connect to the server at all. Then I'm waiting a few days (!!!) again, then the connection works without any problems, but a few minutes later I get disconnected...and so on.

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/07/2021 at 01:01, Margaret_Thatcher said:

If it's free "for all", why does one have to join discord?

On 17/05/2021 at 21:15, jensj12 said:

Servers are user-hosted and not part of the OpenRCT2 project. If you have problem with Mozar's Free 4 All server, go to their Discord server. There's nothing we can do here.

• Like 1