Guests never leave rollercoaster/single station seen as two stations

I just started playing OpenRCT a month ago. On this Razor Rocks scenario, I noticed that a lot of guests were complaining they wanted to get off the Steel Twister. I then found that, for some reason, the trains did not release the guests when arriving at the station, but just started a new lap again with the same guests, over and over again (so obviously, the queuing guests were complaining about queuing time).

Then I noticed that, for some reason, the game thinks there are two stations on this rollercoaster while there is obviously only one, and this may be the cause it doesn't detect it should release the guests. You can see in these screenshots where the game thinks the stations are:

image.thumb.png.2bef4cfffffb8a9683cfcf10a988fb89.png

image.thumb.png.17533e59a6b483099857960fae2e3f23.png

I tried closing the ride, going to construction and rebuilding the entire station, but every time the game keeps seeing two stations. This also happens when I reduce the station size and make it very small.

I included the savegame to this post. If it's a known issue, is there a way to solve it?

Razor RocksTrappedOnSteelTwister.sv6

The station is 27 tiles long, much longer than the game would normally allow. How did you build that?

The game now thinks there are two stations, station 1 has the entrance and station 2 the exit. Somehow the trains only stop at station 1, which does not have an exit, and guests will therefore never leave the ride. I think this is because station 2 does not have an end-of-station piece. Anyways, you’ll need to rebuild the station to fix this.

1 hour ago, jensj12 said:

The station is 27 tiles long, much longer than the game would normally allow. How did you build that?

The game now thinks there are two stations, station 1 has the entrance and station 2 the exit. Somehow the trains only stop at station 1, which does not have an exit, and guests will therefore never leave the ride. I think this is because station 2 does not have an end-of-station piece. Anyways, you’ll need to rebuild the station to fix this.

But that's the problem, I tried that and it didn't work. I reduced the station to just 7 tiles (I rebuilt it entirely, just to be clear) just to test it and the game still treated it as two stations.

About the station length, I think this was an addition made possible by OpenRCT2, to make longer stations than in the base game.

Edited by FrankD
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, jensj12 said:

I frequently have stations 32 tiles long, as far as I know, I've done nothing special. 32 is the max length though. I haven't had his issue, or any issues with long stations.

I'm only adding a comment because it appears that you think we shouldn't be able to have stations that long. 32 tiles was fine even before I started with OpenRCT2 <shrug>.  :)

37 minutes ago, jensj12 said:

I found one possible fix: Destroy and rebuild the entire coaster (saving and placing the track design works fine). I hope you still know how to get the game into this corrupted state, as that will greatly help fixing the underlying issue.

Unfortunately, I haven't got any older saves of this game, not in autosave either. I just got around the problem by placing a second exit at what the game saw as the station in front, so at least the guests would detect the exit and leave the coaster, and then continued playing this scenario.

What I do remember though is that the mechanic I had assigned to this coaster sometimes weirdly would end up walking in the void at the edge of the map, the same bug I found reported in this thread:

I don't know if that helps, but it's the only other strange thing I remember happening involving this coaster.

14 hours ago, jensj12 said:

Please report this to GitHub and a dev might have a look at it. Make sure you include the exact game version (lower left in main menu) in which the problem occurs. If you don't have a GitHub account, please post it here and I'll create an issue.

The game version is v.0.2.6. I don't have a github account, so it would be great if you could create the issue there.

22 hours ago, jensj12 said:

I need a commit hash (like abc39de) and to complete the issue template also the operating system you’re using (just win10 is enough, no need to look for the last update version).

My OS is Windows 10. What do you mean with the commit hash, is that something I need to look up somewhere?

The commit hash should be close to the version number on the main menu (at least on the develop builds). Since you’re using v0.2.6, you’re using a version that is between 1 and 5 months old. For a rapidly evolving open-source project, this is too old to report bugs. Please update to the latest version and report back if it happens again (or if you know how to reproduce it, like ‘start a new haunted harbor game’).