1.0.0 requirements

Dumb question, but what are the requirements for a 1.0.0 release?

I feel OpenRCT2 is basically “finished” since years now, and it's also highly stable. You can play OpenRCT2 very very well, I had no real problems. In fact, I have completed the whole RCT2 campaign + both addons and it worked like a breeze.

Which features or bugfixes are required for OpenRCT2 to be considered 1.0.0-worthy?

On 20/07/2020 at 08:37, Wuzzy said:

But these sound like bonus features to me, not strictly required for a functional game (which we already have). This stuff sounds like post-1.0.0 if you ask me.

The game isn't really complete until it has it's own assets, right now it requires the original game to play. OpenTTD didn't reach version 1.0 until it had open source assets, I wouldn't be surprised if they do something similar here. The save format is also a major change, once that is introduced a lot of limits will be increased and you'll no longer be able to open OpenRCT2 saves with vanilla.

They usually increment the minor version number after significant features are added (for example, the next release will be 0.3.0 because the plugins have been added). I don't know if version 1.0 will come after 0.9 or following a really big update like the ones mentioned above.