Plain shops

ladbroke8745

Hi, 

First post I've written, but I do read the forums from time to time as well as a RCT Facebook group...

What I was thinking earlier whilst building scenery around shops was wanting them to be plain so making scenery would be much easier (so a 1x1 box effectively). 

I've tried building around some of them but because of their icons on top of the buildings. I tend to have to build walls 2 high and the buildings then look weird, and sometimes out of place. 

Has someone already created something like this? How about a single shop that can be customizable in what the shop sells?

What do others think? 

There are currently two options that don't require any changes to the game:

• Make custom stall object with a small building. It won't be able to sell multiple types of items, so you'll need a custom stall for every item you want to sell in your park.
  • Hide the building entirely using the tile inspector. Build a stall, open the tile inspector (from the cheats dropdown menu, you need to have cheats enabled in the settings for this), select the tile, select the stall in the list of objects on that tile and click 'insert corrupted element'. The stall is still there, but you won't be able to see it anymore.
37 minutes ago, jensj12 said:

There are currently two options that don't require any changes to the game:

• Make custom stall object with a small building. It won't be able to sell multiple types of items, so you'll need a custom stall for every item you want to sell in your park.

Why make a custom object if you're just going to hide it? Just use one of the preexisting invisible stall objects, or hide a default stall with the tile inspector. If what you want is a more generic looking shop and not an invisible shop, then make a custom object (I haven't seen one of these but I've always wanted one; they were in RCT3. Maybe I should make one sometime).