What ride elements would you like to see in OpenRCT2?

Let's pretend it's three years into the future, and in OpenRCT2, new ride elements are being implemented into existing roller coaster types. Which ride elements would you like to see? And why? :D Try to name stuff which hasn't been mentioned before.

For me personally, these would be my favourites:

- Corkscrews (But starting from diagonal track, so you can build them in parallel to the grid)
- Zero G rolls (Because awesome and common element on real coasters)
- Large Corkscrews (to make Immelman Loops)

EDIT: You can also mention other rides than roller coasters ;)

Edited by Deurklink

Yeah, it has nothing to do with roller coasters, but:

I'd like to have an additional track element for the river rapids: A water pistol element which is connected to a path and guests can try to hit the guests in the river rapids. Maybe it could cost some money as additional income.

For the go kart track wider turns and Track pieces without tire barriers for a more open looking track.

Edited by flp
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, flp said:

Yeah, it has nothing to do with roller coasters, but:

I'd like to have an additional track element for the river rapids: A water pistol element which is connected to a path and guests can try to hit the guests in the river rapids. Maybe it could cost some money as additional income.

Really cool idea, I actually saw a video with a water ride which contained that element today (not in-game though) :) Would be funny to see that in OpenRCT2.

Edited by Deurklink

Pieces I'd like that would not require new vehicle sprites:

• Diagonal brakes
  • Diagonal stations
  • Sloped brakes
  • Diagonal large steep-to-flat
  • Large radius sloped turns (and a banked version thereof)
  • More gradual bank transitions
  • Extra-large radius curves
  • A barrel roll piece that starts from banked track
  • A medium size loop
  • Large corkscrews
  • A cable launch piece (similar to the existing cable lift)

Pieces I'd like that do require new vehicle sprites:

• Diagonal vertical pieces (and diagonal vertical turns)
  • A new slope piece somewhere between steep and gentle (and corresponding curved and banked pieces)
  • A steeper bank angle (and all the pieces to go with it). This should be somewhere around 80 degrees - not 90 like RCT3.
  • Diagonal inversions (loops, half loops, quarter loops, corkscrews, and barrel rolls)
  • A half zero-g roll piece

This probably amounts to more pieces than the game currently has, to be honest. But I think all of them are potentially useful.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, X7123M3-256 said:
  • A medium size loop
  • Large corkscrews

I played Parkitect for a bit, i like how you can take a part like a loop or a corkscrew there and then select the size you want.

1 hour ago, X7123M3-256 said:

A cable launch piece (similar to the existing cable lift)

I guess by that you mean a hydraulic launch like the ones on Kingda Ka or Top Thrill Dragster. Would love to see those as well :)

1 hour ago, Deurklink said:

guess by that you mean a hydraulic launch like the ones on Kingda Ka or Top Thrill Dragster. Would love to see those as well

I wouldn't be that specific. However the launch is powered, the animation for all of them would be the same, so they don't need to be different track pieces, in the same way as the current booster piece does not distinguish between LIM and LSM types - this is implied by the ride you're building. If a cable launch piece were implemented, I'd put it on the Intamin as a hydraulic launch, the Schwarzkopf as a flywheel launch, and the S&S as a pneumatic launch.

Edited by X7123M3-256
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

A 60-foot high loop/ medium sized loop. The normal loop is about 40 feet because it barely makes it through with a 45 foot lift hill and we all know the large loop is 80 feet tall. To 90% of the world, 40 feet is about 12 meters, so 60 feet and 80 feet are 18 and 24 meters respectively. Also 45 feet is about 14 meters.