I can not hire new employees.

This has been happening to me as well, only in the last day or so. I'm in singleplayer, I attempt to hire an employee, and an untitled employee-like dialog opens apparently centered on a guest. I can't place the employee or set an area for him. I only saw an error message flash one time and it disappeared quickly but it mentioned GitHub.

I'm on: Launcher Version: 0.0.6 x64; OpenRCT2 Build: 2280; OpenRCT2 Git Hash: 430ab2d

I'm downloading a different version to see what happens.

EDIT: This happens on launch and is reproducible. It happens from the first employee I attempt to hire. I am as sure as I can be that I am on singleplayer as I've never even attempted to join multiplayer. Is it possible I triggered a multiplayer setting? Most of the similar issues I googled are about multiplayer.

I have original RCT2 installed from Steam and I've been playing OpenRCT2 for a few weeks with no issues until the last day or two. When I attempt to set a path for a newly hired employee a small dialog says "Cannot hire handyman" etc.

Thanks for any help!

Edited by oflove
respond to replies
2 hours ago, oflove said:

I'm in singleplayer, I attempt to hire an employee, and an untitled employee-like dialog opens apparently centered on a guest.

Are you sure you're in single-player? That sounds like something that happens in MP.

Your version is good, 430ab2d was build only 3 hours ago.

• Like 1