Can I create a ride in the scenario editor?

I wonder if you guys can assist me with this one please.

So for the past few hours I've setup my own scenario. I've adjusted the terrain, setup a park entrance and planned out everything accordingly. BUT, I've just noticed that I can't place rides? I wanted the player to be able to start out with a premade roller coaster, purely for income.

Can this be done as I do not see the icon?

I assume you are using the scenario editor to build your landscape, entrance etc. I also assume you have chosen the rides and scenery that will be available both at the start and after doing research. You can't put rides in the park using the editor. What you need to do is:

1. Give your park a name and save it. Also save the landscape in case you wish to make changes later. Keep in mind that ALL landscape and terrain changes made AFTER you get the park set will have to be made in sandbox mode.

2. Open your scenario and put it in sandbox mode and place the rides you want to begin with. Use the console to add more money if needed. "set money XXXXXXXXX" Set the park to the closed mode unless you want peeps running around. I usually freeze the climate too.

3. When everything is like you want it:

a.  Take the park out of sandbox mode, unfreeze the climate and set the park to open.

b.  Reset the date.

c.  Set your initial cash back to its original amount using the console ("scenario_initial_cash XXXXXXXX")

d. Save the park

4. Open the toolbox and select "Convert saved game to scenario."

• Like 4
1 minute ago, CharlieP said:

I assume you are using the scenario editor to build your landscape, entrance etc. I also assume you have chosen the rides and scenery that will be available both at the start and after doing research. You can't put rides in the park using the editor. What you need to do is:

1. Give your park a name and save it. Also save the landscape in case you wish to make changes later. Keep in mind that ALL landscape and terrain changes made AFTER you get the park set will have to be made in sandbox mode.

2. Open your scenario and put it in sandbox mode and place the rides you want to begin with. Use the console to add more money if needed. "set money XXXXXXXXX" Set the park to the closed mode unless you want peeps running around. I usually freeze the climate too.

3. When everything is like you want it:

a.  Take the park out of sandbox mode, unfreeze the climate and set the park to open.

b.  Reset the date.

c.  Set your initial cash back to its original amount using the console ("scenario_initial_cash XXXXXXXX")

d. Save the park

4. Open the toolbox and select "Convert saved game to scenario."

Thank you so much for this detailed response.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Pales said:

Fix: [#3344] Build new ride window can be opened in scenario editor.

If you got it in the release/update list - it's already released

Fix means a patch was released which fixed a specific issue, this issue in this case was #3344 which had the description 'Build new ride window can be opened in scenario editor.'

In other words, you can't open the 'Build new ride' window in scenario editor :)

-

Regarding your issue, make a feature request about it in https://github.com/OpenRCT2/OpenRCT2/issues so more devs will see it

Edited by Nubbie
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Pales said:

Am I correct in saying this will be resolved in the upcoming release?

No, this means exactly the oposite. The ride window could be opened in the editor through hotkeys which was a bug, and that has been resolved. It was not functional anyway.

Edited by Broxzier
24 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

No, this means exactly the oposite. The ride window could be opened in the editor through hotkeys which was a bug, and that has been resolved. It was not functional anyway.

Do you know if there is any complications with inserting all the toolbars into scenario editor? If no, why not :D

Having buttons for ride research and finances just doesn't make sense, since those will be set by the scenario. The ride creation window should be possible, I only remember that the window did not list any rides at all when it was opened. There's probably something going on under the hood that might conflict with the scenario settings. It would be a nice feature though, definitely something worth making.