Adding rides to existing scenario, land purchasing

wojok040

There should be option to add rides from list to rides available in existing scenario. Now when you download some custom rides you need to edit whole scenario etc. You should be able just to add one of the wanted item to build window during the game (the same with scenery). There are also some scenarios in which you want to build certain ride but it is not avaliable, so it will be easier if you can just add them without editing whole scenario.

Another idea is possibility of purchasing land/rights-to-build even when scenario does not have any designed parts with option of buying. There are a lot of nice scenarios in which you want to play more but you ran out of land and avaliable rides :)

One more thing - are Six Flags scenarios savable with OpenRCT2? Because in original game this option is blocked. You can play Six Flags scenario but you can not save it.

I've got news for you. (If I read this correctly). There's options to add objects to your park WITHIN the scenario! So, you would go to one of the little nifty tools on the toolbar and 'Object Selection' should be on that. With this, you are able to remove rides, and scenery, and paths, and everything you can add or remove in the scenario editor. (But, you cannot remove rides or scenery that are in use within the scenario). Say, if you built a corkscrew coaster; you would have to remove the corkscrew coaster entirely out of the park, and then go into the 'Object Selection' and put it out of the scenario for as long as you want. This same method works for: scenery, paths, anything from a scenery group, light poles, benches ect ect... 

If you are finding this hard, trust me, it's easy to learn especially with the ability to select ONLY custom rides to show up on ths list, or ONLY RCT2, or ONLY RCT2 with add-ons, or ALL 3 selected. 

If you are searching for a specific ride, item, you can use a seach bar to search it up. Say, you're looking for some sort of roof.

Click on the search bar and enter 'roof' and it should preselect all the scenery packs that have these, this works for everything you need, rides, walls, rooves, plants, trees, paths, ect...

This should be all you need to know about that question.

Onto the next one. 

You want to be able to expand your park even though there is no land buying option in that specific scenario? (Dang, I sound like some sort of producer of a product or something). Go into your options and allow 'cheats.' After then, you should be able to see a second 'dynamite' tool that is yellow instead of red. Click that and go to the section that has 'park parameters' in it. Click this, you're now able to expand your park or add land. 

Another way to do this, is enable sandbox mode (you must have cheats enabled) and then click on the map. Voila!

Finally, your last question, as far as I know, yes, Six Flags parks are able to be saved.

If I was not vague, this should be easy for you. I hope I helped! (Let me know if you have issues).

Edit: There are many many many people here other than me that can explain this likely better than I can. A lot of them are here to help you! All you have to do is ask! ;)

Edited by BlazingEmpireHD
15 minutes ago, wojok040 said:

There should be option to add rides from list to rides available in existing scenario. Now when you download some custom rides you need to edit whole scenario etc. You should be able just to add one of the wanted item to build window during the game (the same with scenery). There are also some scenarios in which you want to build certain ride but it is not avaliable, so it will be easier if you can just add them without editing whole scenario.

This is already implemented. Why do people keep submitting feature requests for stuff that already exists? Like, at least half of feature requests on this forum are for stuff that's already been done.

16 minutes ago, wojok040 said:

her idea is possibility of purchasing land/rights-to-build even when scenario does not have any designed parts with option of buying.

This is also already implemented, along with the ability to build on land you don't own. Everything you can do in the scenario editor you can do in the game - including changing the park objective, invention list, object selection, land ownership, peep intensity preference,  and toggling money on/off. I hardly ever use the scenario editor now - I have a single blank map with nothing selected, and start everything from that.

18 minutes ago, wojok040 said:

One more thing - are Six Flags scenarios savable with OpenRCT2?

Yes, they got rid of the "Six Flags" restrictions. I never did understand why they disabled editing of these maps in the original game.

• Like 1