[Idea & Bug] Coaster ideas and running mode bugs

Well, Hey Guys!

Awesome to have this game, i can finally build with custom scenery in RCT-2 on Windows 10!

Well, Here's the one thing i wanted you to take a look at.

When i select the option to run all operational modes, i can only use the option for a backward lift launch, to work as going to the station once. In the original game, a track can do multiple cirquits on a backward chain launch.

Can you make it able to perform more then just one cirquit? Would help me much!

Another thing, i used to do track merging a lot with 8 cars 1.302.

Can you implement that feature as well one day?

Also i want you to know i was a frequent user of parkdat. A tool which could let me delete objdata files and replace them with other objects in a savegame. Very useful and would be a really good feature to add.

Hope you guys have something on this issue!

And this is the most AWESOME game ever, i mean... KABOOM??? Lol

Cheers, 

Wes.

In the options, enable the cheats and debug tools toolbar buttons and a golden shovel and some cogs will appear in-game.

Click and hold that shovel and select 'disable clearance checks' and you can merge tracks (much easier than 8cars!). First build the track you want the train to continue on, than the track the train will come from.

Click and hold the cogs and select 'object selection'. There you can change the available objects in-game (much easier than parkdat!).

• Like 1
3 hours ago, djwessie said:

Another thing, i used to do track merging a lot with 8 cars 1.302.

Can you implement that feature as well one day?

Track merging is already supported, has been ever since zero clearance was implemented. You just build the two tracks so they overlap by one piece, and make sure the piece the train is to leave by is first on the tile. This is, I presume, how it worked in 8Cars (at least, it's what most tutorials I've seen on doing it in 8Cars say to do).

3 hours ago, djwessie said:

Also i want you to know i was a frequent user of parkdat. A tool which could let me delete objdata files and replace them with other objects in a savegame. Very useful and would be a really good feature to add.

Again, this is already implemented. The only thing ParkDat does that OpenRCT2 doesn't is automatically removing all unused objects (but you can filter objects by unused which makes it pretty quick to deselect them all). You can still use ParkDat with OpenRCT2 if you want to, but I don't - it's easier done in game.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, djwessie said:

I used the color track, raise track, lower down track merging options cause it always worked the best that way. So i still don't get how you merg tracks together.

There is as yet no MOM in OpenRCT2 so you can't do it that way. But the principle is the same - if two tracks overlap on the same tile with at the same direction and elevation, they will merge. In OpenRCT2, you can merge tracks in this way directly with clearance checks disabled - you do not need to build a non-intersecting track and then move it (that will still work, but OpenRCT2 doesn't have a cheat to do it).

I made this tutorial on zero clearance and track merging some time ago - you might find it useful. This was made on 0.03 stable, so the interface will look different and some features are missing. It does not cover how to do a merge on a ride with block sections, which is a severe limitation.

Edited by X7123M3-256
  • Like 1
On 29-8-2016 at 01:35, X7123M3-256 said:

Track merging is already supported, has been ever since zero clearance was implemented. You just build the two tracks so they overlap by one piece, and make sure the piece the train is to leave by is first on the tile. This is, I presume, how it worked in 8Cars (at least, it's what most tutorials I've seen on doing it in 8Cars say to do).

Again, this is already implemented. The only thing ParkDat does that OpenRCT2 doesn't is automatically removing all unused objects (but you can filter objects by unused which makes it pretty quick to deselect them all). You can still use ParkDat with OpenRCT2 if you want to, but I don't - it's easier done in game.

Where can i find the Parkdat function ingame?

I can't find that option myself.

Also, Were getting started (far from finished, building time: 6 hours).

Forest%20Frontiers%20Reloaded%20V.2.0%20

So Trackmerging is working now with a huge thank you for the help in that.

8 hours ago, djwessie said:

Where can i find the Parkdat function ingame?

I can't find that option myself.

If you have debugging tools enabled you can find two cogs on the top toolbar next to the cheats (golden shovel). In that dropdown menu you can find 'object selection'. It might be disabled in multiplayer.

• Like 1