People keep walking the same route

Hello

i have made a park with build your own six flags and now the people keep walking to the shop and to the corner of the square (seen in the middle of the screenshot).

some of them want to buy something from the shops, but the most want to go to a ride. but they keep walking the patern route over and over again.

in the path to the rides i have placed some no access signs but not in a way that they are blocking routes to rides from that point or in any other way that could confuse pathfinding

even if i close the shops they keep walking like that and if i remove the road they go away but if i place it back it wil return after some time.

how do i fix this?

thanks in advanced

Six Flags 2016-08-13 21-00-15.png

They want to access something on the other side of the lake. they will not be able to find the way around the lake so you will have to make a tunnel under this. A location you might start such would be for example between the bridge over the tram track and the junior coaster.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Wuis said:

They want to access something on the other side of the lake. they will not be able to find the way around the lake so you will have to make a tunnel under this. A location you might start such would be for example between the bridge over the tram track and the junior coaster.

Thanks for the response, i will try that

there are also a lot of people that are just walking in that patern what about them?

edit: its not possible to make a tunnel under the lake its to low

Edited by Guest
8 minutes ago, Wuis said:

Probably the same, if people keep walking patterns on the boardwalk you might want to take a look to where exactly they want to go and add another route in the tunnel to that place.

i now made a bridge across the lake it seems to fix it but it doesnt look that good.  until there is another fix i wil keep it that way

Edited by Guest

At the moment, the path finding works best with paths only 1 tile wide. So if you want the peeps to find their way around with less problems, avoid building wide paths.

If you really can't live without building wide paths, then ensure your path layout doesn't require the peeps to first walk away from their goal.

The lakeside food court area in your park is unfortunately trapping all the peeps who should ideally be walking up the path and going past the TopSpin ride to get to whatever lies beyond.

If you are able to compile your own build have a look at pull request #4221.

• Like 2
Just now, zaxcav said:

pull request #4221

This looks useful. I didn't realize the 1 tile wide restriction persisted in OpenRCT2, I thought it was only in RCT1. It would explain some of the issues I had in one of my parks. At least it seems there's a fix now.

Edited by X7123M3-256
11 hours ago, X7123M3-256 said:

This looks useful. I didn't realize the 1 tile wide restriction persisted in OpenRCT2, I thought it was only in RCT1. It would explain some of the issues I had in one of my parks. At least it seems there's a fix now.

RCT2 (and consequently OpenRCT2) does include handling of wide paths, but in the current builds of OpenRCT2 it's a bit broken.  Pull request #4221 fixes a couple of the current problems making it work more as intended.