play as a guest?

not sure if this would be possable (then again..this has online play so it may be :P)

Hello im navy3001 i love the rollercoaster tycoon games and i can't wait  try this game!

but i have an idea

with online play have a check box off by defult "play as a guest"

useing WASD to walk around with the camra stuck on you you can do everything a guest can! walk around the park ride rides buy stuff everything uest can do! i just think that would be fun with online mode

If it is ever going to happen, not anytime soon. Everything is possible, but not everything gets a high priority. Since this doesn't add much to the normal gameplay (building and managing a park), I expect something like this to be at the bottom of the list.

Since the guests deliver money at your park, you could 'cheat' by letting guests spend huge amounts of money and quickly leave the park afterwards (or do the exact opposite). While this isn't a problem for sandbox parks, it is for non-sandbox parks.

If you can work it out and code it yourself, feel free to do so and make a pull request on github. Just make sure the code is well-organised, thoroughly tested, bug free and doesn't cause desyncs and it will most likely be added to the game.

There have been talks about something similar with the twitch integration: allowing watchers to choose destinations for a guest (not the exact movement). The extra fun didn't weigh up to the code complexity (yet), so it has to wait until the simpler things that add more to game are done first (think of the extra lights during night time, raising the game limits or being able to save scenery), unless there is someone who really wants to code it.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, jensj12 said:

Since the guests deliver money at your park, you could 'cheat' by letting guests spend huge amounts of money and quickly leave the park afterwards (or do the exact opposite). While this isn't a problem for sandbox parks, it is for non-sandbox parks.

While technically true, the amount you could earn this way is tiny - and the problem could be solved by deducting the cost of the item from your money whenever your guests purchases something.

1 hour ago, jensj12 said:

If it is ever going to happen, not anytime soon. Everything is possible, but not everything gets a high priority. Since this doesn't add much to the normal gameplay (building and managing a park), I expect something like this to be at the bottom of the list.

If you can work it out and code it yourself, feel free to do so and make a pull request on github. Just make sure the code is well-organised, thoroughly tested, bug free and doesn't cause desyncs and it will most likely be added to the game.

There have been talks about something similar with the twitch integration: allowing watchers to choose destinations for a guest (not the exact movement). The extra fun didn't weigh up to the code complexity (yet), so it has to wait until the simpler things that add more to game are done first (think of the extra lights during night time, raising the game limits or being able to save scenery), unless there is someone who really wants to code it.

if i knew how to code..i would do it :( but i just hope it is on the list some where

also reguarding money..have a set number of $ that is randomize for the guest players AKA

min $10

max $500

and it randomly picks how much money the player guest would have

P.S they are going to add in lights and  night time? Epic!