Asking for permission ridiculous

I find that i can't do anything or can only do very little in 95% of all servers, while the people with privliges are making a giant mess! Something should be done to allow and disallow users based on skill, or just make it free for everyone so the more experienced players can just scrap the junk. Of course this will only be effective if the actual game is functioning properly and not getting clusters of guests stuck in one place etc...

Edited by JarnoVgr
Removed caps from title
11 hours ago, joshmarsilio said:

I find that i can't do anything or can only do very little in 95% of all servers, while the people with privliges are making a giant mess! Something should be done to allow and disallow users based on skill, or just make it free for everyone so the more experienced players can just scrap the junk. Of course this will only be effective if the actual game is functioning properly and not getting clusters of guests stuck in one place etc...

Most servers require new players to ask the mods for permission to play to avoid trolls.  Just ask a mod by chatting on the server.

20 hours ago, joshmarsilio said:

You could assign each player a "score" based on their successes and this grants them better privliges. I dunno?

You're literally asking for the impossible. You want a handful of devs to figure out how to make a computer create an objective score for something purely subjective. If they could do that, I doubt they'd be working on ORCT2.

• Like 1
On 2016-07-18 at 11:32, joshmarsilio said:

You could assign each player a "score" based on their successes

8 hours ago, SensualEthiopianPolice said:

You're literally asking for the impossible.

Actually it wouldn't be too hard and not impossible.  All that needs to be done is create a voting system to rate players/give them a score based on commands/kicking score

There are just two problems with it which would be inaccurate scores and requires central authority server (as anyone could modify the code to cheat)

I would rather suggest a re-work of the permission system or more permissions to limit greifs

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Nubbie said:

Actually it wouldn't be too hard and not impossible.  All that needs to be done is create a voting system to rate players/give them a score based on commands/kicking score

There are just two problems with it which would be inaccurate scores and requires central authority server (as anyone could modify the code to cheat)

I would rather suggest a re-work of the permission system or more permissions to limit greifs

Direct Democracy has never been a good system. It caused Brexit.