Select all

HookerHeels

Searched the suggestions, didn't see it.

Would be handy if, once(or ever) we get unlimited items in game, there was a 'select all' button. This could still be handy nowadays, as you could select all paths with one button, etc, when creating scenarios.

Thoughts?

Edited by RedScope53

This would only work when you have less objects in the list than the limit allows. What I DO think is handy though, is when it's combined with the search function. For example to enable all glass objects, you could simply search for "glass" and then press "select all". I also thing a "deselect all" button would be a nice addition. A fast and easy way to dispose of all unused scenery for example.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Broxzier said:

This would only work when you have less objects in the list than the limit allows. What I DO think is handy though, is when it's combined with the search function. For example to enable all glass objects, you could simply search for "glass" and then press "select all". I also thing a "deselect all" button would be a nice addition. A fast and easy way to dispose of all unused scenery for example.

Right, exactly how I see it being used now. And someday, if ever, the objects limit is removed, then it'd be great lol

2 hours ago, CharlieP said:

Do you mean something like using the [Delete Unused] button in ParkDat? Unfortunately that deletes EVERYTHING that isn't marked with an X in [In Park?]

No, I mean when selecting new objects for a scenario. Like Broxzier said, you could search for a keyword like "glass" or "harry potter"(I have the HP mod pack,) instead of selecting one by one, you could just hit it one, just like if you were going through your email and deleting all of it at once.

Making groups would be tedious and wouldn't make sense for thinking of things as one goes. I might pick say, some Harry Potter walls and roofs, but then next time, pick Harry Potter walls and pirate roofs, etc. While a major selection, say you ONLY use the Harry Potter mod, groups who be useful, but for an overall grab as you go, not so much.