Realistic Stations?

This is probably a tall order to say the least, but have you considered realistic stations in the sense that the entire side takes up loading and the other is unloading. Y'know, with gates to lead guests to each individual seat. I assume it's very difficult to do, especially to have it function properly, with guests lining up in each gate, but I'm just throwing it out there.

With such stations it's almost always the case that the entrance and exit are on opposite sides of the station. Then this system works fine. When the exit is on the same side the guests enter from they would walk through each other, or the guests in the queue need to wait for all guests to have walked past them.

To connect the gates properly, you'd need quarter tile paths, as 1 tile is far too far apart for the gates. Also, the gates ought to line up with the cars, but the cars can have arbitrary spacing, which is problematic since map objects can't be aligned more precisely than the nearest quarter tile in RCT2.

As much as I'd like to see something like this, I don't think it's easily implemented right now.

Edited by X7123M3-256

Having an auto-generated gate system might take some time, but would it be possible for there to be an additional station sprite which not only makes the huts invisible, but the platform itself (leaving only the track)? This would allow us to make our own platforms with gates, even if they don't function properly.

47 minutes ago, YoloSweggLord said:

Having an auto-generated gate system might take some time, but would it be possible for there to be an additional station sprite which not only makes the huts invisible, but the platform itself (leaving only the track)? This would allow us to make our own platforms with gates, even if they don't function properly.

You can already do that - just make the station invisible with corrupt elements and then zero-clearance new track over the top (in the other direction, so it doesn't merge). In order to get the station platform to line up with the paths, it may be necessary to lower the ride 1 unit, which can't currently be done in OpenRCT2. I just put up with the clipping issues for now. It's not great, but it still looks better than the default platforms.

You can make wide platforms this way as well as long as you have quarter-tile base blocks available (you'll also need quarter tile railing pieces for the gates).

Edited by X7123M3-256
  • Like 1