Roller Coaster Designs Competition 1(?)

Hey you all! I have an idea on what the forums' members and I could do. A coaster building competition.

Of course, it'd be odd if I won my own forum "game" owner, if you will, I won't be counted in this competition. If you're still with me on how I am such a rambler, props to you.

Here's How It Works - Since I am new to OpenRCT2, there will not be a server to join, although, it is never out of the question!

Your coaster can be any type of coaster, but nothing besides that. It must also have some sort of scenery to be qualified into this competition, as well as a good layout. Obviously, if a person enters a ride that will kill a person if that ride was real, it's disqualified.

How to Try and Win - Your goal is to get the best looking coaster with the BEST stats as possible. Say, you built a floorless coaster, and got good stats, and then built a great station and great scenery around the ride and brought it up even more, that coaster could win this competition!

Rules - Like I said before, to be entered here, it has to have some sort of scenery, it also has to have an overhead screenshot, and a screenshot of the "coolest" part of the coaster. Likewise, there can not be any foul language or references to foul things. If by chance your name was unintentionally wrong, that's fine. Although, it may need to be changed. Hacks, or disabled clearances for scenery is not allowed. I will take up to 35 competitors only! Enter while you can!

There is a DEADLINE to enter. Get your coasters in by 2 weeks, or else you will not make it into this competition. After the deadline is reached, all 35, or entered competitors will be put in a poll in another thread and you will have a certain amount of time to vote. (2 weeks probably). 

After that period, our winner is declared and the competition restarts.

All you have to do, create a coaster, scenerize it, screen-shot it, and upload it to this thread.

Thanks!

Edited by BlazingEmpireHD
38 minutes ago, BlazingEmpireHD said:

there can not be any foul language or references to names

foul language, of course, but why not names? In the second group park there was a ride called Tesla for example, I think that's a great name for a ride, and obviously a reference to the person.

The contest seems very unclear, it all depends on your opinion to decide who wins. Why not make it a poll so everyone can vote?

Just now, Broxzier said:

foul language, of course, but why not names? In the second group park there was a ride called Tesla for example, I think that's a great name for a ride, and obviously a reference to the person.

The contest seems very unclear, it all depends on your opinion to decide who wins. Why not make it a poll so everyone can vote?

I meant references to foul names. Whoops Lol. So, there is a poll? I think what I'll do is take 35 competitors, and then do another thread with all 35(?) and do a poll for it for maybe however long I can. Whichever wins it, well, wins. Lol

2 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

Good luck getting 35 competitors, there's not that many active players on here.

when doing a poll, also set a deadline for how long people can vote.

Give or take, once the deadline of 2 weeks has been reached, all who entered are entered, and those who didn't, well, there's always next time.

Just now, Broxzier said:

I just think contests need to have strict rules set, a clear target about how to participate, what makes one win exactly, and this is all a bit vague.

I understand mate, I am trying to get it into people's heads that this isn't a joke. But I have a bad memory, so that's never good.

2 minutes ago, Broxzier said:
Just now, imlegos said:

So, Custom Content and cheats, what are the rules on those?

I'd say, if you want your coaster to be flatly powered launched (remember how you could booster pad some coasters on RCT1), you could do so. But, clearance checks, and other hacks to make you have an advantage over your opponents aren't allowed. Custom scenery is allowed, just be sure it's not in confrontation with the rule above.

Landscaping is fine by the way.

1 minute ago, Broxzier said:

And what about disabling clearance for scenery?

If you're using clearance hacks on scenery to get an edge over your opponents, NO, but, if your thing is being finicky and doesn't want to place, as long as you DO NOT use it to get an edge over your opponents, using clearance scenery hacks for tweaking is fine.