Can't access store

Hi guys, I'm new here so apologies if any of this is dumb... just trying to figure out how to download some track designs and scenarios etc.

Using the OpenRCT2 Launcher, if I click "Open OpenRCT.net Store (Free)" , I get the following errors:

Warning: include(lib/betterBB.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/admin/web/openrct.net/public_html/config.php on line 16

Warning: include(): Failed opening 'lib/betterBB.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/runela1q/php:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/admin/web/openrct.net/public_html/config.php on line 16

Warning: require_once(lib/db.cls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/admin/web/openrct.net/public_html/config.php on line 18

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'lib/db.cls.php' (include_path='/home/runela1q/php:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/admin/web/openrct.net/public_html/config.php on line 18

Any ideas?

If you noticed, Openrct2.net is not a domain used by this game community anymore, and all operations on there have been merged into here, except for the Launcher. I don't think the launcher works anymore, and you'll have to scout through websites for content by yourself. :/

To ease your search, there is a topic on these forums that contain links to common websites that contain RCT2 downloads ranging from Custom Scenery to Scenarios to game altering programs: 

If you need help on installing said content, feel free to ask here :) 

Edited by ziscor

The .net website has been replaced by this one, and its domain is not used anymore, as far as I know. Event he API has been moved I think.

A store system integrated with the forums would be cool to have. Uploading anything there could also create a topic about it, or perhaps automatically make a post here to let users know. (quick brainstorm ideas)

Yes, it has been quite a while since the Store functionality broke. What has it been, like almost a year? PFCKrutonium's launcher should be rewritten to work with these forums (which are hopefully going to be named the official forums). The store was a very convenient thing to have, and if you devs have time now it may be nice to have it again someday.

A great thing you can do is join servers that have custom content used in them. This way, you'll automatically download anything and everything the base game doesn't have. In fact, about 90% Custom Content I have came from a lot of servers that said "Custom Content" in their name. Sometimes you may be playing on a server and realize later that you actually downloaded some Custom Content without ever knowing it. :D So try to play multiplayer a lot if possible. You won't even need to download CC manually after a point in time, lol. 

Edited by ziscor
27 minutes ago, ziscor said:

What has it been, like almost a year?

Not even close, lol. More like 3 months. The website has still existed until recently, only the homepage would redirect you to the new website. The forums on there were even still accessible for a long time after the merge happened.

For custom content I suggest opening a few workbenches. With those you will have the theme groups and all items in it. From multiplayer servers you can never know beforehand if it does.

But didn't the forums and the automated build features die out a while ago? I remember getting redirected to this website as far back as November or October maybe. I still made an account here though, but that was only so that the launcher would log my play-time and let me access the store. I would always go to the .net domain because the builds that were uploaded there always had no tags in the bottom left corner of the screen except the build version and number (nothing like Appveyor etc., etc.). It's a silly reason, but it's also how I know OpenRCT2.net was killed off a while ago. 

@craigywatt Another thing you can definitely do is download some parks from NEDesigns. Start off with Starpointe, since it has a lot of AE rides in it, and a lot of useful scenery.

22 hours ago, ziscor said:

A great thing you can do is join servers that have custom content used in them. This way, you'll automatically download anything and everything the base game doesn't have. In fact, about 90% Custom Content I have came from a lot of servers that said "Custom Content" in their name. Sometimes you may be playing on a server and realize later that you actually downloaded some Custom Content without ever knowing it. :D So try to play multiplayer a lot if possible. You won't even need to download CC manually after a point in time, lol. 

None of the servers I can see mention any custom content. I joined a few to have a look around, keep getting a message about desynching when I join, is that normal? Other games I try to join tells me I have wrong software version. Confused :D

21 hours ago, ziscor said:

But didn't the forums and the automated build features die out a while ago? I remember getting redirected to this website as far back as November or October maybe. I still made an account here though, but that was only so that the launcher would log my play-time and let me access the store. I would always go to the .net domain because the builds that were uploaded there always had no tags in the bottom left corner of the screen except the build version and number (nothing like Appveyor etc., etc.). It's a silly reason, but it's also how I know OpenRCT2.net was killed off a while ago. 

@craigywatt Another thing you can definitely do is download some parks from NEDesigns. Start off with Starpointe, since it has a lot of AE rides in it, and a lot of useful scenery.

Thanks for suggestion, I did download that park (pretty amazing!), most of the rides don't work though, is that the way it's supposed to be or am I missing something?

22 hours ago, Broxzier said:

Not even close, lol. More like 3 months. The website has still existed until recently, only the homepage would redirect you to the new website. The forums on there were even still accessible for a long time after the merge happened.

For custom content I suggest opening a few workbenches. With those you will have the theme groups and all items in it. From multiplayer servers you can never know beforehand if it does.

Workbenches? Is there an FAQ somewhere I should be reading? I'v played RCT a fair amount over the years, but never really delved into custom content other than downloading some track designs and scenarios. Sorry for all the dumb questions guys :D

In this early stage of multiplayer development it is very much normal to get desynced. A way to know if the park uses CC is if you get disconnected instantly when you end up joining the game. This is because the game needs to update the object cache, and it does not happen as fast as to let you remain in the server, and hence you end up disconnecting. 

Parks like Starpointe are supposed to be for show only. It is definitely not a park to play in, lol. Never try to open any wrong rides. The game might crash severely. 

Also, workbenches are essentially blank parks that contain custom content in them, usually grouped up neatly. It is a very convenient way to acquire CC and a lot of people I acquired CC from on multiplayer usually played on workbenches before.

Edited by ziscor

A desync does not mean there's custom scenery being installed. The easiest way to check if there was, check the console. It should have a message like:

INFO[src\object_list.c:404 (object_list_cache_load)]: X object added... updating object list cache

A workbench is basically a scenario with a bunch of custom scenery and sometimes rides in it. Opening these parks installs the custom content on your computer automatically.

The error you're getting about having the wrong version means that the server is either running a newer or older build that you are.

On 4/15/2016 at 16:20, Broxzier said:

Opening these parks installs the custom content on your computer automatically.

No, not necessarily. When I downloaded the h2h7 workbench from nedesigns the custom content installed automatically, but I had to manually put the custom content into the objdata folder to make the arjan workbench work for me.

There's a number of objects that don't export correctly due to a bug in the tool used to create them. You can force such objects to be unpacked in OpenRCT2 by selecting "Allow loading with incorrect checksums". If the park was not exported at all, you still need to install the objects manually.

Parks that have been saved with OpenRCT2 should have the problem objects fixed so they will unpack correctly, but this doesn't always work at the moment.