Giga Coaster Train Behaviour.

Gday All,

Thought I'd have a quick look at what new elements were added to the Giga Coaster. They flow really well .... however, there looks to be a small problem with how the multi-car trains handle the vertical track pieces. :)

Whether they're straight vertical or twisted, the train slits into individual cars and the cars appear only attached to the track at one end.  :)

Like I said, the trains flow along the pieces cleanly, but disjointed visually.

Attraction Design Only 2023-11-16 13-45-56.png

Attraction Design Only 2023-11-16 13-46-47.png

Attraction Design Only 2023-11-16 13-47-00.png

10 hours ago, ExCrafty said:

however, there looks to be a small problem with how the multi-car trains handle the vertical track pieces.

Of course there is, the vanilla giga coaster trains do not have sprites for vertical pieces, inversions, or diagonal banked slopes, because the giga coaster did not have those pieces in vanilla. So it falls back on the sprites for steep slopes because those are the closest available.

The way it's supposed to work is that the new pieces are not meant to be available unless the "enable all drawable track pieces" cheat is on or you are using a train which supports them. But I think there's a bug where some of the new pieces are available without cheats when they shouldn't be.

The only new pieces which don't require any new sprites are the medium half loops, which will work with trains that can do regular vertical loops, large corkscrews, which will work with trains that can do regular corkscrews,  and the unbanked diagonal sloped turns and diagonal brakes, which work with any train.

The other new pieces all require a train that was specifically created with sprites for those elements, such as the hybrid or single rail train or one of my custom trains, in order to work without glitching.

• Like 1

Thanks for the response, but you come across as a bit condescending in your first comment. I'm not a person who is familiar with the intricacies of how the graphics work. And since as far as I know, there's no mention anywhere about what's needed to be enabled to get things to look more "normal" then it's not intuitive.

All I was doing was trying to help with what I saw as a possible error, not jumping up and down because things aren't perfect. 

Again, thanks for the response.