Missing scenery

Hi,

image.thumb.png.e40ce9c137a793e0fdf45ecb45ed19f6.pngI am a little afraid that this question has already been asked several times. Unfortunately, I have not found anything in the search. I created a new scenario and selected all 43 available sceneries. But then in the game itself only 30 are visible.

Where can I find the missing scenery? (for example candyland)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, simonheinrich said:

Hi,

image.thumb.png.e40ce9c137a793e0fdf45ecb45ed19f6.pngI am a little afraid that this question has already been asked several times. Unfortunately, I have not found anything in the search. I created a new scenario and selected all 43 available sceneries. But then in the game itself only 30 are visible.

Where can I find the missing scenery? (for example candyland)

Gday,

Yes, this has unfortunately been a thing for a while now. The objects you're looking for probably aren't missing. I've found that scenery groups are messed up, and that objects missing from groups are almost always in the one with the question mark. This has made finding stuff a right royal pain in the backside.

It's not a thing with any of the game's scenarios though, they all appear to have the correct items in the correct groups. In my own posts about it, I've asked if there is a (tedious or easy) to fix this, maybe by renaming individual items or something like that. But so far I've seen no responses from anybody about it. As far as I know, this has been a thing with custom scenarios for several months now.

I know this doesn't help you with the problem, but at the very least you know you're not alone.  :)

20 hours ago, Gymnasiast said:

This is a limitation of the Scenery window, which can only handle 30 groups. You can see it already gets quite wide like this. Fixing it properly is going to mean a complete redesign and quite a bit of code, which is why it hasn't been done yet.

Um, I really have no idea, so apologies, but there exists a "misc" (or whatever; an inventory of individual objects) tab: are "missing" scenery objects there? If yes, then they're available but would have to be hunted for ... If not, then this reply possess no value; sorry.

Typhoon

21 hours ago, Gymnasiast said:

This is a limitation of the Scenery window, which can only handle 30 groups. You can see it already gets quite wide like this. Fixing it properly is going to mean a complete redesign and quite a bit of code, which is why it hasn't been done yet.

I do realise this, but this has only been a thing for the last few months, well after the new save format (used as a timeline measure). I had commented on this quite a while ago, and no responses, and it does occur without having all scenery options selected.

Obviously it's not a major thing, but it makes finding scenery that much harder as the "?" tab has a huge amount of items in it, including items that were previously in other groups. Even not selecting custom scenery makes no difference.

In my experiences even the basic, default bench and bin have been moved to the "?" tab, and not still in the "Objects For Paths" tab. Things seem to have gotten very jumbled at some point.

This is why I have asked if there is a way for any player to move items from one group to another without breaking things.

1 hour ago, RollerCoasterTyphoon said:

Um, I really have no idea, so apologies, but there exists a "misc" (or whatever; an inventory of individual objects) tab: are "missing" scenery objects there? If yes, then they're available but would have to be hunted for ... If not, then this reply possess no value; sorry.

Typhoon

They should be under the `?` tab. If you cannot find them there, please upload an affected save and tell me which object is missing exactly, so I can investigate.