Small "turnstile" ride entrance and exit

z80jim

I haven't seen a way to do this but I think a small ride entrance/exit would be good. Maybe a turnstile instead of the existing options which are all buildings. So it would be a short tile. This would make it easy to build your own building around the entrance exit and have more visual flexibility.

1 hour ago, z80jim said:

I haven't seen a way to do this but I think a small ride entrance/exit would be good. Maybe a turnstile instead of the existing options which are all buildings. So it would be a short tile. This would make it easy to build your own building around the entrance exit and have more visual flexibility.

You can, at least sort-of, do this with minimal effort, using OpenRCT2 cheats/debugging: after disabling Clearance Checks, use the Tile Inspector to Copy&Paste initial Entrance/Exit to a new location that is *within* the footprint of the attraction; make the new one(s) "active" (via Tile Inspector); delete the old ones; "Make Entrance/Exit Invisible" (I think this is the "painting/palette" tab); carry on.

Caveat: Entrance/Exit are the same style of object; the game will only recognize one Z-Axis-instance of same-object as dominant; you can't place both Entrance & Exit on the same Z-Axis of the same tile.

I could create & upload a (very-short) Google Drive Video link to an example; I'm also willing to answer questions.

Typhoon

EDIT, poop, I forgot to mention: when placing the replacement Entrance/Exit, ensure (through Tile Inspector) that it is properly-aligned to the desired direction of connecting path; I'm not talking XYZ-dimensions, I'm talking Cardinal "map" directions.

T

Edited by RollerCoasterTyphoon
left-out a small distinction, first pass.

Great replies. I totally missed the "Disable Clearance Checks" on the cheats menu. I was looking for a check box in the window. So I was able to make a ride with invisible entrance and place a roof at the height I wanted. Would still love to see someone make a "turnstile" entrance.