Corrupted names of pre-built rides

Somehow my copy of the game assets got messed up and most of the pre-built ride designs lost their names. They got replaced with these strange codes of the format "u(####)". Presumably that's an object ID or something. See the attached screenshot for an example. This happened a while ago so I'm not exactly sure what caused it but it's gotten annoying. Is there any easy way to fix this? Or if not is there a hard way? I can still build the rides in the game so if I knew what the names were supposed to be I could rename them in the editor but I don't know how to figure that out. Is there a list of the pre-built designs somewhere with pictures so I know which is which? Of course I'd prefer a less tedious fix if possible.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot01.png

The u(xxxx) designs are from RCT:Deluxe, they're not corrupted. You can remove/rename them in the track design manager. The reason you're not seeing the many desgins that shipped with RCT2 is that you're building the classic wooden rollercoaster, which is ported from RCT1. Build the non-classic version to see all RCT2 designs.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

What I then don't get then is: If the RCT1 classic version doesn't support pre-build names, why does the RCT2 version rollercoasters also have some designs that are not named with a brand new installation of RCT1+2? It's not just the non-classic wooden rollercoaster, but other rollercoaster types as well? And the two named ones in the OP post are not included with the modern Wooden Rollercoaster

Perhaps its an idea to have an option of not having "Classic" vs "RCT2" rollercoasters in case people want to have the RCT2 version in RCT1 maps? Or is the only way around that to delete the scenario's from RCT1 and then replacing it with re-made scenarios for RCT2?

image.thumb.png.1413262f1c3153c48ac4d248be2e9c27.png

• Informative 1
On 14/11/2022 at 15:51, jensj12 said:

The u(xxxx) designs are from RCT:Deluxe, they're not corrupted. You can remove/rename them in the track design manager. The reason you're not seeing the many desgins that shipped with RCT2 is that you're building the classic wooden rollercoaster, which is ported from RCT1. Build the non-classic version to see all RCT2 designs.

More specifically, those track designs are/were the Hasbro Contest submissions, subsequently bundled-into RCT Deluxe: the bland alphanumeric designations would serve to differentiate entries and eliminate name-duplication.

While they aren't in any way corrupt, most are just plain absolutely-terrible (consider, please, how many submissions came from enthusiastic youths) but there exist a handful that are really quite good: I actually intend to feature some of those, some time.

Typhoon

19 hours ago, RollerCoasterTyphoon said:

More specifically, those track designs are/were the Hasbro Contest submissions, subsequently bundled-into RCT Deluxe: the bland alphanumeric designations would serve to differentiate entries and eliminate name-duplication.

While they aren't in any way corrupt, most are just plain absolutely-terrible (consider, please, how many submissions came from enthusiastic youths) but there exist a handful that are really quite good: I actually intend to feature some of those, some time.

Typhoon

Aah, I see. Didn't know. In that case I did the following: Deleted all the tracks from the RCT1 installation, deleted all the scenario's from RCT1, and replaced them with recreations, so now it works for me as I want to play it. Thanks for clearing it up. Still a bit confused why some designs were mixed between the classic and rct2 versions but that doesn't bother me anymore.

21 hours ago, Yavianice said:

Aah, I see. Didn't know. In that case I did the following: Deleted all the tracks from the RCT1 installation, deleted all the scenario's from RCT1, and replaced them with recreations, so now it works for me as I want to play it. Thanks for clearing it up. Still a bit confused why some designs were mixed between the classic and rct2 versions but that doesn't bother me anymore.

It’s more complicated than that. There were two different wooden roller coasters in RCT1:

• The regular Wooden Roller Coaster, not in RCT2, reintroduced as Classic Wooden Roller Coaster. This had the 4-seater trains in RCT1.
  • The Wooden Twister Roller Coaster, the only one in RCT2, and thus renamed to Wooden Roller Coaster. This only had the 2-seater articulated trains in RCT1.