Annoying but not really "bugs".

One of the most annoying messages I receive "Guests are getting lost or stuck". I primarily get it once a park starts getting more and more rides, but mostly if I have a park size (not map size) greater than 200x200. I assume this is because guests take more than X time to find what they're looking for. Even with transport rides to most parts of the park. Yes, I know the guest ai doesn't really distinguish between transport and everything else, so they don't use them as the class implies.

Something else I have gotten more recently is the message that X ride still hasn't been fixed. I noticed that the particular mechanic heading to it just kept going over and over the same few tiles, which happen to be vertically above the ride exit, while the path to the exit was a couple of tiles from where he was.

And lastly, the frustrating (apparent) penalty to intensity for having all or parts of a track underground. Yes, yes, yes, in the real world this might be disorienting for some, but when a game doesn't really penalise for a positive G that not even the toughest astronaut or fighter pilot could handle, underground is an unusual thing to be penalised on.  :)

Just a few things for others to consider. I'd be interested if others have noticed any of these in there times in the game.  :)

And as always .... Keep any responses polite please.  :)

12 hours ago, ExCrafty said:

One of the most annoying messages I receive "Guests are getting lost or stuck". I primarily get it once a park starts getting more and more rides, but mostly if I have a park size (not map size) greater than 200x200. I assume this is because guests take more than X time to find what they're looking for. Even with transport rides to most parts of the park. Yes, I know the guest ai doesn't really distinguish between transport and everything else, so they don't use them as the class implies.

Known issue and frequently requested feature. There have been experiments with adding transport rides to the pathfinding but it is difficult.

Something else I have gotten more recently is the message that X ride still hasn't been fixed. I noticed that the particular mechanic heading to it just kept going over and over the same few tiles, which happen to be vertically above the ride exit, while the path to the exit was a couple of tiles from where he was.

How far away is the exit in terms of junctions? If it's more than ~8 junctions (stalls next to the path included) it won't find the path and simply go as close as it can get, hoping for a short enough path to show up when it gets there. (I know I'm talking about mechanics as if they're robots) It could also indicate that there's another issue with the path to the exit. Check whether it's properly connected. A save and/or screenshot would greatly help. (note to self: check whether height is considered during pathfinding, it is ignored when picking the nearest entrance of a ride)

And lastly, the frustrating (apparent) penalty to intensity for having all or parts of a track underground. Yes, yes, yes, in the real world this might be disorienting for some, but when a game doesn't really penalise for a positive G that not even the toughest astronaut or fighter pilot could handle, underground is an unusual thing to be penalised on.  :)

I don't know about the underground penalty, I only know that excessive positive Gs have nothing to do with it.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, jensj12 said:

How far away is the exit in terms of junctions? If it's more than ~8 junctions (stalls next to the path included) it won't find the path and simply go as close as it can get, hoping for a short enough path to show up when it gets there. (I know I'm talking about mechanics as if they're robots) It could also indicate that there's another issue with the path to the exit. Check whether it's properly connected. A save and/or screenshot would greatly help. (note to self: check whether height is considered during pathfinding, it is ignored when picking the nearest entrance of a ride)

As I said, annoying but I don't think of them as "bugs".

This particular instance there are no junctions for several tiles. In this case I don't think a screenshot or save would help show the problem, as this particular ride is underground and immediately under a path. The ride is fully accessible as peeps can entre and exit without a problem. It's something I've never noticed happen before.

I appreciate the suggestions and the response, if I linked the park it may take a while for the problem to crop up, but I certainly can share the park. It's an observation tower named "Out of Darkness", under the mountain.  :)

Just did a really quick comparison as an example of above and partly below ground. Doesn't really highlight what I was meaning though.

688807349_RockinRollercoasters.park

1284407668_AboveandpartlybelowgroundComparison.jpg

Edited by ExCrafty
Additional information
11 hours ago, ExCrafty said:

This particular instance there are no junctions for several tiles. In this case I don't think a screenshot or save would help show the problem, as this particular ride is underground and immediately under a path. The ride is fully accessible as peeps can entre and exit without a problem. It's something I've never noticed happen before.

I appreciate the suggestions and the response, if I linked the park it may take a while for the problem to crop up, but I certainly can share the park. It's an observation tower named "Out of Darkness", under the mountain.  :)

The mechanic called right above the ride is exactly 8-junction away, but I need to add more than 2 junctions to trigger the issue. At least this park clearly shows that height is ignored in distance calculations/estimations.

• Like 1