Visual bug and suggestion

Hello, very new here. I was playing Rollercoaster Tycoon and I noticed a visual bug (see file) I'm using windows 7 64 Bit, and downloaded the correct open RCT2 executable. I tried different rendering options but all resulted in this. Minor issue, but annoying.

I also have a request, can the Mini steel coaster be re-added to the game, or is this beyond openrct2? The junior rollercoaster is similar but does NOT contain steep drops and some other features that the original had. That the ride is missing from rct2 is fine by me as the actual rct2 didn't have it either, and it was split between two types, but playing the rct1 scenarios is awkward now as the game expects you to build the mini steel coaster, but gives only the junior coaster. Kind regards

Silly

Glitch.jpg

The drawing error is inherited from RCT2. We’d want to fix it at some point, but those kind of issues are not easy.

We have already added back the Steel Mini RC. It’s called the Classic Mini Coaster and it has access to all elements you‘d expect. However, until someone also ports the RCT1 trains, only the Rocket Cars are available for it.

19 hours ago, Gymnasiast said:

The drawing error is inherited from RCT2. We’d want to fix it at some point, but those kind of issues are not easy.

We have already added back the Steel Mini RC. It’s called the Classic Mini Coaster and it has access to all elements you‘d expect. However, until someone also ports the RCT1 trains, only the Rocket Cars are available for it.

I don't have it available by default, is there anything I need to do about this? In the first couple scenarios, it is supposed to be already unlocked, but in open rct2 it has been replaced by the junior variant.

39 minutes ago, Gymnasiast said:

If you have Rocket Cars available, then the coaster type should be available (example from Megaworld Park):

afbeelding.png.9099885d44afb285613db6d4a4179d8a.png

Otherwise it won’t show up - yet.

Im playing Forest frontiers, that scenario should start with the Mini Steel Coaster, but in openrct2 it is replaced with the junior variant. (also, I have notifications on, but i receive nothing when you replied. The settings are correctly set.

That is just a limitation of not having the Ladybird and Log trains ported, I’m afraid. I don’t think Forest Frontiers has the Rocket Cars available, so the Classic Mini won’t show up.

When those trains are ported over, this issue should go away by itself.

Edit: I think I can explain it simpler. The bottom line is this: we are aware of the problem, we are working on it, but the last pieces of the puzzle are quite tedious to solve, but we will solve it, and then you will have a proper replacement for the Steel Mini RC.

Edited by Gymnasiast
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Gymnasiast said:

That is just a limitation of not having the Ladybird and Log trains ported, I’m afraid. I don’t think Forest Frontiers has the Rocket Cars available, so the Classic Mini won’t show up.

Edit: I think I can explain it simpler. The bottom line is this: we are aware of the problem, we are working on it, but the last pieces of the puzzle are quite tedious to solve, but we will solve it, and then you will have a proper replacement for the Steel Mini RC.

That is great news. Should I ask the question regarding notifications somewhere else?

• 9 months later...
On 30/07/2021 at 22:38, Gymnasiast said:

Hello, it has been nearly a year, have you been able to get closer to fixing this?

It is not fixed yet, but I have seen some work on porting the RCT1 rides to OpenRCT2 in the last months, so it's definitely closer now than it was last year. As with open source projects, I can't give any timeframe on when it will be done, but I have good hopes it wil be within a year.