1920s Go Karts Too Frequently Get Stuck

This is something that's been a thing as long as I can remember, before OpenRCT2 even. They get stuck at corners, I suspect this may be due to the length of the vehicles, as they're nearly double the length of normal karts and the caveman karts. They look great in my opinion, but can be frustrating due to this issue. I don't know if there's anything that can be done about it. If I want to use them, I make as few corners as possible, but obviously because it's a "circuit" it must have corners.

It'd be great if go karts could have wider radius bends too. .... Just a thought.  :)

16 minutes ago, ExCrafty said:

I don't know if there's anything that can be done about it.

Well, if the length of the cars is indeed the issue, then reducing it should fix it, so that's the first thing I'd try. And if that works, you can submit a PR to the object repository to fix the issue. If that doesn't work, I'd compare the vanilla go kart JSON with the expansion version and look for all the differences, then test them one by one.

20 minutes ago, ExCrafty said:

It'd be great if go karts could have wider radius bends too.

Code to support wider radius bends was added some time ago, it just needs someone to make a sprite for it. You can hack a wide turn onto the go karts and use scenery to build the track.

• Like 1

I appreciate your response, but I have no idea what you mean about reducing car lengths. You sound like you're talking about analysing the software itself. That's way out of my league. I'm not a "modder" or programmer by any stretch of the imagination.