OpenRCT2
NateTheDBA

Why are Handymen so terrible at their job?

Specifically, I'm playing the "Extraterrestrial" / "First Encounters" scenario from Time Twister pack, and even after removing the 2-wide pathing in the entrance-shops area, the handymen set to patrol that area still fail spectacularly at cleanup. What am I doing wrong? Is this a known issue? Are there work-arounds?

It's hard to say what exactly is going wrong without at least a screenshot or a more detailed description of the case.

These are by no means the "worst" I've seen it get, but it does show you the path areas around which they fail the most. Hope that helps.

RCT2 Handymen Fail 1.png

RCT2 Handymen Fail 2.png

Adding litter bins should already help, especially in areas with a lot of stalls. It is also advisable to add benches near the exits of nauseating rides (and place food stalls elsewhere). If that doesn't help, you can set the patrol area of handymen to the areas with the most puke and litter. If the problem then still persists, please upload the save so we can take a closer look.