Custom Objects with macOS

Hello Forum,

I have two questions about custom objects in RCT2Open with macOS:

1. How can you import custom objects in RCT2Open with macOS?

2. Can you use custom objects in your project wich you have created before you have added the custom objects to your (custom) objects list with macOS?

Thanks for help!

Edited by ROLLIE94
1 hour ago, ROLLIE94 said:

1. How can you import custom objects in RCT2Open with macOS? 

Custom objects should be placed in your OpenRCT2/object folder. If you don't know where that is located, I believe there is now an "open custom object folder" button in game, but I can't remember where that option is (I'm currently running a modified version of the game that doesn't have it; I'll have to check later).

1 hour ago, ROLLIE94 said:

2. Can you use custom objects in your project wich you have created before you have added the custom objects to your (custom) objects list with macOS? 

As long as you haven't already maxed out your object selection for that park, yes.

On 20/12/2018 at 00:55, X7123M3-256 said:

Custom objects should be placed in your OpenRCT2/object folder. If you don't know where that is located, I believe there is now an "open custom object folder" button in game, but I can't remember where that option is (I'm currently running a modified version of the game that doesn't have it; I'll have to check later).

I believe I can not find the OpenRCT2/object folder. I pasted a custom object (.DAT file) in this folder: RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 Triple Thrill Pack -> ObjData - but I can not find the object in the object selection in RCT2Open so I searched for the "open custom object folder"-button but I also can not find this button. Can you or someone else tell me where I can find the "open custom objects folder"-button or explain me what I need to do when I want to import a custom object with the OpenRCT2/object folder? That would be great!

Edited by ROLLIE94

If you cannot find that button, you're on an old build or you use release. Please upgrade to the latest develop version.

Nevertheless, the folder can be accessed manually as follows:

1. Open your home folder
  2. Click the 'Go' menu.
  3. Hold ALT/Option
  4. Click Library
  5. Go to the Application Support folder
  6. Go to the OpenRCT2 folder
Edited by Gymnasiast
Typo
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Gymnasiast said:

If you cannot find that button, you're on an old build or you use release. Please upgrade to the latest develop version.

I have the latest release of OpenRCT2 installed on my mac (0.2.1 build 8d9fcb7) but I still can not find the "open custom object folder"-button. Can you or someone else explain me where I can find this button? That would be great too!

Edited by ROLLIE94