Things that will be possible once the new save format comes

Throughout my time lurking on this forum before joining. I've come across people saying that eventually, we will be able to make new track pieces such as dive loops and overbanks and implement new coaster car sprites to make coasters that are even more realistic. However I've heard that currently, we can't do those things because the SV6 save format won't allow it. 

I know that non-compatibility with vanilla RCT2 is gonna suck (unless we can develop a program that will convert SV6 files to the new save format easily), but I'm honestly looking forward to what we can do once it gets implemented. Could it be possible that we could develop actually functional giant flat rides? Perhaps import 3D modeled tracks like we've been able to do with RCT3?

18 minutes ago, Gymnasiast said:

'We'? You're not one of the developers.

Anyway, importing stuff from RCT2 and RCT1 will always be possible, full stop. I have said that dozens of times.

Well I meant "we" as a collective of both developers and fans. Sorry if I caused any offense. 

Personally, I'm just looking forward to whatever direction this project goes :) 

Edited by DigitalMan