Newb question, ride ageing?

I'm new to OpenRCT and I have a question about ride ageing. In the old games, rides that reach the age of 5+ years barely get any attention. So that's basicly a good amount of time in building the ride, being thrown away. Do rides in OpenRCT still age this fast or has this been improved?

It has been looked into, but I don't think the ride aging has tweaked. After 5 years the ride should still be popular enough to have at least half-full trains, but the curve keeps dropping until it reached 25 years, where it becomes a veteran ride, and rises in popularity again.

• Like 1
Just now, Broxzier said:

It has been looked into, but I don't think the ride aging has tweaked. After 5 years the ride should still be popular enough to have at least half-full trains, but the curve keeps dropping until it reached 25 years, where it becomes a veteran ride, and rises in popularity again.

So after 25 years, it will be just as popular as a new ride? And does it stay that way? Or does the curve go up from that point and does it become more popular every year?