Inventions list bug

Ok I tried to recreate the problem. I think it might have something to do with custom tracks or paths. When I reverted to a save file before I added both of those things, and removed the files from the ORCT folder, I didn't have that issue anymore. Hopefully that helps narrow it down.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I did my best to pinpoint the issue. I removed all the tracks and objects from the ORCT2 folder, but still one of these save files doesn't allow me to use the inventions list. At least I found two copies of my scenario that are very similar in the in-game time frame and construction. Can't help but notice there's a difference in size of the files. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

And there's one particular track type (Steel Twister Roller Coaster - Hyper-Twister Trains) that is blank in the inventions list on the non-functioning save, and unselected on object selection in the working copy. I'll attach pictures as well. Hope it helps.

Also, was there any previous build I could use to avoid this issue just so I can finalize the custom scenario? Thanks.

Cliffside Canyon (incomplete custom scenario).sv6

Cliffside Canyon (incomplete) (inventions list working).sv6

Cliffside Canyon (incomplete custom scenario screenshot).png

Cliffside Canyon (incomplete) (inventions list working screenshot).png

• Like 1

Confirmed it on my end. I can recreate the crash if I load the working save file, access the object selection menu, check the Steel Twister Roller Coaster - Hyper-Twister Trains box, and close the window. Crashes each time.

Update: I tried the same process on other scenarios, same effect. I don't know if it's just my ORCT2 that's doing it with this particular track, but for now I'm going to avoid the Hyper-Twister Trains.

Edited by chill8888
  • Like 1

I have to force close the program thru taskmgr. Not sure if it has time to create dump files. Where would I look for them?

Another update: 0.0.4.0-master-1eb91cb does not have this issue for me. I can operate the object selection menu without a crash.

Edited by chill8888
  • Like 1